I'd Like to See That

Ah, let's see today was.... Thursday ?

After poking around and whatnot yesterday, Ciel and I were kind of scolded by the teachers when we returned to school the very next day. And I say "kind of" because it really wasn't a scolding. It was more of a "Next time you both are absent, please tell me" kind of thing. The staff at Meiou probably found it surprising that two of their honor students missed out or something. (Yes, Ciel and I are both honor students at Meiou.)

So today they went along on the planning for the Spring Festival. As usual, everyone was excited. Everyone started talking about the ideas and what they could do for the class. You know what the trivial and always useless thing would be though ? It's that in almost every anime or shoujo manga, that the class requests on having a maid/butler cafe kind of theme. And you know what ? It always wins by default and favor.

I stared at Shuichi and grinned. "Oh Shuuuuichi", I sang, "This is going to be a veeeeeeeeery fun.. game." He turned around and glared at me. "If you touch me I will kill you", he hissed. Ciel laughed. "It's unavoidable thought isn't it ?", She said, "The fact that this year, the females will be dressing up as butlers and the guys will be dressing up as the maids ?" He turned around and went back to that feigned side of his. Ugh, the chills. Ciel and I were sitting to each other when we noticed someone come up to us. We both looked up to see Umiko.

"Shiori-chan ? Ciel-kun ?", She said in an overly soft tone. Ciel and I looked at each other before going back. "What's up Umiko ?", Ciel asked. "Ano... Do any of you happen to know how to sew ?" We both nodded. "Ah yeah", Ciel replied, "Why do you ask ?" Umiko kinda hesitated. She was always that shy girl. "You see... there are only 5 people in the room who can sew really well and at least 24 students in total so...", she laughed hesitantly. I knew what she was going to ask. "Yeah, Ciel and I can help", I replied nonchalantly, "Besides, this is a class effort is it not ?" I grinned. Umiko's face lightened up. "R.. really !?", she asked, "Th.. Thank you very much !" Ciel grinned. "Yes, yes", she said, somewhat in an easy-going tone, "Get back to your station before something happens." Umiko laughed and nodded. "Thank you", she said again. We watched her return to her station.

"Oi, Shiori", Ciel said a couple minutes later, "You better have a good trade ready for me because I never agreed to sew in the first place." Shocker. I actually did that on purpose. "Yeah, yeah", I mumbled, "I'll think of one later..." I noticed Shuichi and that distracted side of his. I stood up. "What're you doing ?", Ciel asked as she leaned on her arm. I placed a finger on my lips and pointed towards Shuichi. Ciel shook her head and grinned. In my hand, a prototype black ribbon. And as quietly as I could be, I moved behind him like I wasn't there. I was so close to putting the ribbon in his hair when something got wrapped around my legs. "...........!??!????" I tripped over a loose cloth of fabric that was, for some reason, on the ground and that it somehow wrapped itself around my legs. I started laughing so much. I mean, who wasn't ? In the process of trying to removed the fabric from my legs, I noticed Shuichi watching me. "Nani ?", I asked him. He looked at me blankly. He smirked and then turned away. "Klutz", I heard him say. I was going to reply something back, but then I noticed some of his fan girls watching. They were somewhat glaring. But like Ciel, I could care less. If they were going to gang up on me, then they're stupid. It's true to that I'm a total klutz, but when in certain circumstances, that side of me disappears. But I guess no ones picked up on it yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[At the lockers]

"Say, Shiori." I looked up from the locker and turned to Ciel. "What is it ?" She placed her books in her locker and closed it. She took a seat at the bench that was right in between the lockers. "I have something to tend to", she said, "So I'll be coming home later than usual." I shut my locker. "Perhaps you're going to visit Genki ?", I asked. Ciel grinned. "Correct !", she said with much enthusiasm. "There's something I have to ask her." I nodded and grinned. "You better return home before midnight then", I said. We went sperate ways after. I, heading to Tachibana, and her, going to Genki's.

"Ahhhhhh !", Ciel's not with you today !" Mizuki stared at me with surprise. I laughed. "Were you expecting her ?" Mizuki slightly tilted his head. "I mean, you and Ciel are always together", he implied, "So I guess I kind of am." I sighed. "Well, we might as well be", I mumbled. While we were walking home, something really bothersome happened. When Mizuki and I took a sharp turn, some person ran into me and took my school bag. "Ah !", I shouted, "My bag !!!" "I wonder why some idiot would want a bag", Mizuki said beside me. I took a deep breath.

"Mizuki." "Yeah ?" "I'm going to leave you behind." "....eh ?"

Behind me, I could hear Mizuki shouting. "NAAAAAAANDAAAAYOOOO !???????????" Sorry Mizuki. I would have just let that creep have my bag but.... I removed my shoes and ran barefoot. That bag has the house keys, our money, my student ID, and all those other things that I need. Luckily for me, this guy kept running on the road which was flat and steady. "GET BACK HERE YOU THIEF !!!!!", I shouted. The thief turned around with surprise. My eyes gleamed. 'That's right ! Didn't think I'd follow you did you !?' We continued this chase for about 15 entire minutes. The 15 minutes that I would have spent being HOME. But no. I had to go through this first. 15 WASTED MINUTES. That guy took a sharp turn to the right, and so I did the same. I was suddenly at an advantage when I noticed the road ahead of us was empty. I sped up. I was about a couple inches away from him when he took ANOTHER TURN. I literally almost crashed into a wall. How scary. Another clear road. Geh. I sped up again and threw one of my shoes at the thief. He stumbled a bit, but he didn't fall. Wow. What a shame. I picked the shoe up again when I ran by it.

This time.

I was just about to throw the shoe again when suddenly this guy in a green uniform appeared out of no where. I guess that there was a fork on this road, but I most likely didn't realize. So like a not normal person, I sped up. If I even tried to slow down, I would have crashed into him anyways. So this random guy must have been with someone, because he was laughing before he realized I was running right towards him. At a perfect moment, I jumped and landed my hands on his shoulder and pushed off. A front flip forwards. "Sorry about that !!!!!", I shouted as I continued to run. Must have been dumbstruck, poor guy, I hope we never meet each other again. 'There !' I took a short cut and waited. A few seconds later, that thief stopped and turned around, most likely thinking I was behind him.

Welp, this is what happens to you when you try to steal. From me.