You're Popular

-Ruby
-Weiss
-Blake
-Yang
-Pyrrha
-Nora
-Emerald
-Cinder
-Raven
-Neon Katt
-Velvet
-Coco
-Neo
-Penny
-Winter
-Glynda
-Salem
-Ilia

Ruby

"Guys, I really want to talk to (Y/n)...but, she's so popular and I'm worried she'll make fun of me!" Jaune pouted as he whined to team RWBY.

"I'll go with you!" Ruby offered, "She's a normal person, Jaune. You should talk to her about (weapon name) to get the conversation going! She has the coolest weapon ever – besides Crescent Rose of course."

Jaune grinned, "Perfect! You're good at talking to people, you need to help me! I think she might make a good date for the dance."

WBY all shared the same look, the look of, 'She's out of your league.'

"I'm a great matchmaker!" Ruby shouted, grabbing Jaune's hand and leading him to the girl's dorm which happened to be right down the hall.

"They don't stand a chance." Weiss broke the silence and the bees just nodded in agreement.

———

"Hi, do I know you guys?" I asked as I answered the door to two students from Beacon - a scrawny blonde boy and a really cute girl wearing a red cape.

"No, you don't, but I'm Ruby and this is.."

"J-Jaune!" The nervous boy stuttered as he said his own name.

"Okay, nice to meet you. I'm (Y/n)." I responded, still confused.

"You're new here, right?" Ruby asked.

I smiled at the girl in front of me, "Yes, yes I am." I quickly moved aside to let her into my dorm, the boy followed close behind - I honestly forgot he was even there.

"So, what're you two doing here?" I questioned.

"Jaune and I wanted to talk about the dance. We heard you're going to be announced the queen of it!" Ruby said, flashing me a toothy grin, clearly excited for me. Her own infectious excitement made me smile.

"I hope so. Everyone at Beacon has been really welcoming, I'm lucky. I've made a lot of friends here."

"That's great! Jaune and I were interested in becoming your friend. Your demonstration in Professor Port's class was so cool! I love your weapon so much. I wanna know everything about it!" Ruby complimented me, causing me to blush.

"It's nothing compared to your crescent rose! A sniper and a scythe? It can't get cooler than that."

Ruby's face began to match her cape. She glanced at Jaune and then cleared her throat, "Thank you! Also, off topic...Jaune was actually wondering if—"

"N-NO!" Jaune stuttered out, every part of him becoming sweaty, "I wasn't wondering anything! I have to go!" Jaune shakily replied, getting up and practically running out of the room.

"I have no idea what that was about..." Ruby mumbled, "I should probably go check on him. It was nice meeting you, (Y/n). I wanna talk to you more about (weapon name) soon!"

"It was nice meeting you too, Ruby, I hope I get to see you again, really soon."

All of a sudden, a pile of roses replaced where Ruby was standing and she was gone.

———

"Damn, Jaune, you really should've asked her out, look at her! She's all alone." Yang said, gesturing for Jaune and the rest of team RWBY to look.

"She's way too pretty!" Jaune said, "Plus, she's the queen of the dance! I also have the feeling that she likes...someone else." Jaune sadly admitted, looking down at his feet.