156-160

Finally, she calmed down. There was no anger on her face now, only coldness. “Now that you’ve come back, we need to put the marriage of you and Tzuyu on the agenda quickly. I’ve chosen a good date for you. The 30th of next month is a good day and the Chou Family has also agreed to it. The wedding company will prepare, so all you have to do is show up.”

“Mom.” Lisa remained in the same upright sitting position. He turned only his head toward Son Ye-Jin. “I forgot to tell you, I am already married,” he said.

Son Ye-Jin’s expression changed again. She glared at Lisa while trying to hold back her rage.

“If you are talking about the illegitimate daughter of unknown origin from Lin City, forget it. I deny it. I will only recognize Tzuyu as my daughter-in-law.”

“Mom, you seem to be mistaken about something. Jennie and I have already registered our marriage; we are a lawful couple. If you want me to marry Tzuyu, you are asking me to commit bigamy, aren’t you?”

“You can still get divorced.” Son Ye-Jin sounded very decisive. “She is an ignorant woman, so all she wants is nmoney. Just send her away with money.”

Lisa’s face changed. He wanted to speak, but Son Ye-Jin didn’t give him a chance to.

“I’ll give you half a month to break up with that woman. Whatever she wants, the Manoban Family will give her. After half a month, you will return to Rong City and prepare for your wedding with Tzuyu,” She said decisively. Hong-Pa and Hyun-Bin only acted as her audience.

Lisa nodded and looked at Son Ye-Jin with a light smile. “What if I say no?”

“Lisa, are you deliberately opposing me?”

“How could I deliberately oppose you?” Lisa shrugged. “It’s just that I’m married and I don’t want to get a divorce. I’m not really opposing you.”

“Lisa, please understand one thing: everything you have now is from the Manoban Family.” Son Ye-Jin stood up. “If you don’t break up with that woman, don't blame me if you are not shown any mercy.”

Lisa’s face changed. He put aside his cynical attitude and stood up to look at Son Ye-Jin face-to-face.

“Then what do you want to do to me, Mom?”

“What do you think?” Son Ye-Jin sneered. “You disobeyed your elders and married without parental consent. What do you think I can do with an unfilial son like you?”

“Whatever you do, I will not divorce Jennie, let alone marry Tzuyu. If you want to unite the two families through marriage, Jackson or Han can stand in for me. There’s even Wei Sihai or my other cousins. I don’t understand why it has to be me?”

“Do you think I wanted to choose you? If it were not for, not for—”

Son Ye-Jin suddenly stopped for a moment, trying to restrain her emotions.

Hong-Pa’s and Hyun-Bin’s expressions were somber. Apparently, they knew what Son Ye-Jin was going to say next.

Lisa did as well. Still, he did not shy away from her and stood as solid as a pine tree..

“If it were not for—” Son Ye-Jin held herself up by using the table as support. The words were about to come out from her when Lisa’s mobile phone suddenly rang.

It was Jennie.

All the emotions on Lisa’s face disappeared. He picked up his phone and walked out of the dining room to answer it.

“Hello.”

Jennie’s voice came from the other end of the phone. She sounded a bit tired.

“What’s the matter?”