291-295

Where he was standing, Lisa obstructed Jennie’s line of vision, so she was also unaware that Jun Ji-hyun had come into the living room.

Since Lisa was drunk, his guard was significantly lower than usual. He had been entertaining some leaders of the city with Kim Soo-Hyun earlier that night.

Recently, Lisa had been in regular contact with Kim Soo-Hyun and working with him had provided Lisa the opportunity to discover many aspects of Kim Soo-Hyun’s character.

Kim Soo-Hyun had lived in Lin City for a substantial period of time, so he was well acquainted with the residents and possessed a wealth of experience with regards to the workings of the city. He was the prime choice to front social dealings and build public relations.

“My father? You’ve been working closely with my father?”

In truth, Jennie was estranged with Kim Soo-Hyun, so upon hearing Kim Soo-Hyun’s name, she could not help but be inquisitive.

“Your father is considered a well-known figure too.”

Kim Soo-Hyun had not been born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He came from an average family.

Marrying Seo Yea-Ji had meant marrying into her formidable family. The Seo Family had an impressive family background and history.

Nowadays, the Seo Family was one of the most influential families in Lin City. Needless to say, they were among the upper-crust of the city twenty years ago.

There were players in the business field who had remarked that Kim Soo-Hyun was an unworthy match for Seo Yea-Ji. That never seemed to faze Kim Soo-Hyun at all.

Kim Soo-Hyun was the general manager of Seo Corporation. Seo Yea-Ji was the director-general, and Old Master Seo was still the chairman of the board. Strictly speaking, Kim Soo-Hyun was merely the third in command.

Currently, as third in command of Seo Corporation, Kim Soo-Hyun’s words were more efficacious than those of the first in command. Nobody in the corporation had the audacity to condescend to Kim Soo-Hyun.

If not for his strategic manipulation, Kim Soo-Hyun would not be as high up in the company as he was.

Most importantly, despite the discrepancy between his and Seo Yea-Ji’s social statuses, he was rather unperturbed. No matter who pointed it out to him, he remained quite indifferent.

There were two possible explanations for this: he either loved Seo Yea-Ji so immensely that he did not care about the opinions of others, or he was so self-assured that he was unruffled by how others viewed him.

“Do you think my father loves Seo Yea-Ji immensely, or he is self-confident?”

“What do you think?” Lisa threw the question back at Jennie. He believed that she already had an answer of her own.

Turning around, Lisa saw Jun Ji-hyun within earshot. He had no idea when she had come into the living room or how long she had been listening in to his conversation with Jennie.

“Aunt Jun.” Lisa almost immediately snapped out of his state of intoxication, and he turned to give Jennie a look.

Jennie glared at him and quickly stood up. “Aunt Jun, come over here and have a look at the new clothes I sorted out. I’ll put them in your room shortly.”

“Sure.” Jun Ji-hyun came forward nonchalantly, seemingly unaware of the conversation they had been having.

Lisa and Jennie looked at each other in dismay and could only look on as Jun Ji-hyun looked through her new clothes. The trio did not mention Kim Soo-Hyun again.