466-470

Son Ye-Jin knew a thing or two about the family business. “Lisa has been helping the Seo Family a lot, actually. Am I right?” she said. “I heard that he has given a lot of projects to the Seo Family. Some of the projects aren’t even within the scope of the Seo Family’s business.”

Her voice was soft, but her words were sharp. While saying these words, she stared at Jennie aggressively.

“They have become aware of the benefits of it, and they want more. That’s why they came to us so eagerly, right?”

“Mrs. Manoban.” Before Lisa said anything, Jennie couldn’t help but defend her family. She didn’t call Son Ye-Jin her mother. She knew that Son Ye-Jin had never seen her as her daughter-in-law, and she didn’t expect her to.

“I’m sorry, but I really don’t like you talking about my family in that way. My grandfather and my mother came here to visit Lisa’s family with sincerity. Lisa and I have already gotten married. As my family, they intend to meet Lisa’s family. That’s a normal thing. They have no other motives.

“As for the profits that you mentioned, I don’t really agree with you. The Seo Group isn’t as large as the Tianyu Group, but in Lin City, it has always been a reliable, well-known company. Besides, as a local company, the Seo Group has been providing the Tianyu Group with a lot of conveniences since Lisa went to Lin City, even though the Tianyu Group is a very powerful company itself. No other company in that city can do as well as the Seo Group has been doing.

“Mrs. Manoban, I don’t understand how this mutually beneficial cooperation is like us taking advantage of the Tianyu Group in your eyes. Of course, the Tianyu Group can choose not to work with the Seo Group, but I believe that you won’t be able to find another partner in Lin City that is as good as the Seo Group, because our company is the best in the city.

“Finally, I know that you don’t like me. You may think that I’m not good enough for Lisa. But that doesn’t have anything to do with my parents. You don’t like me, and I can’t change that. However, I want to tell you that my parents are the same as all parents in the world. They just want their children to live good lives and be happy. They’re not the kind of people that you think they are.”

After finishing that long speech in one breath, Jennie ignored the others in the living room, turned to Old Master Manoban, and said, “Grandpa, I’m really sorry that I didn’t come home right after I got off the plane. It was my fault. I promise you that it won’t happen again.”

“It’s all right. It doesn’t matter.”

Old Master Manoban looked at Jennie. At that point, he couldn’t have liked her more. That girl reminded him of his wife.

She was pretty and gentle but not weak. She was not short-tempered or reckless, either.

He believed that his grandson had chosen the right person.

Son Ye-Jin couldn’t think of a word to respond to Jennie. She wanted to say something, but Old Master Manoban didn’t let her.

“You must be tired. Go upstairs and get some rest. We’ll talk later.”

“Thank you, Grandpa.” Jennie was indeed tired. “I’m going upstairs, then,” she said.

After that, she glanced at the others in the living room, bowed slightly, and said, “Good night, Dad. Good night, Uncle. Good night, everyone.”

She turned around elegantly and went upstairs. She might not have had a manner as graceful as that of some girls from super-wealthy families, but she didn’t look worse than any of those girls.

Old Master Manoban had decided he liked her. He touched his fingers to his chin and signaled for Lisa to go upstairs with Jennie.

“Wait.”