471-475

“What could possibly change even if I do mind? I’m already here, am I not?”

Upon hearing that, Jennie smiled. She had found the new colleague of hers interesting.

While chatting, they arrived at the administration office. The paperwork was soon finished. The next day had been a Saturday, so the hospital decided to let Jennie start working the following Monday.

After coming out of the administration office, Jennie first thanked Lee Know before leaving. She was looking forward to starting her work at the hospital. All the colleagues she had met seemed nice, and she believed that she could work happily together with them.

She left the building and got into her car. As soon as she had driven out of the hospital, she saw a short and skinny man fleeing towards her.

The man crossed the road swiftly, but Jennie didn’t manage to step on the brakes in time. A very tall and muscular man was chasing after the short man.

Before Jennie could stop her car, the short man darted up to her. She gave a startled expression because she thought that she was going to hit him. However, to her surprise, the man nimbly hopped onto her car.

At that point, Jennie had no choice but to step on the brakes. As the car stopped, the man leaped forward from the car.

Jennie had just witnessed something that she thought only happened in action films. The tall, strong man rushed up and threw the short man onto the ground with a roundhouse kick. New n𝙤vel chapters are published on

“Ouch!” the short man said with a wince, as the tall man stepped forward and stomped a foot on his body before the latter could struggle up.

At the same time, a woman ran over from the other side of Jennie’s car, gasping profusely.

While trying to catch her breath, the woman ran up to the tall man. The tall man snatched a lady’s shoulder bag away from the short man’s hands and handed it to the woman.

Watching that, Jennie finally figured out that the tall man was catching a thief. The short and skinny man was the thief.

“Miss, your bag.”

“Thank you, thank you,” said the woman as she opened her bag and checked the things in it. “Everything is still here. Thank you so much.”

While speaking, she was still gasping for air. She had run all the way here from a very long distance.

“You’re welcome.” The tall man reached out and bent over, easily lifting the thief from the ground.

The thief burst out yelling at that moment. “B*stard! You’ve ruined my plan! I’ll make you pay!”

The tall man put both the thief’s arms behind his body, which made him scream.

“Let-let me go!”

“How exactly will you make me pay?”

“I’m sorry! I-I was wrong! Let go of me... Let go.” The thief glanced at the tall and sturdy man, then hurriedly begged for mercy, “I made a huge mistake! I have tunnel vision. Please have mercy on me and let me go, hero.”

Jennie almost burst out in laughter. When had thieves become so glib-tonged? With that sort of talking skill, that thief could probably find a better job.

“Relax, I will let go of you when we get to the police station.”

While speaking, the tall man gripped the thief’s wrists and brought him away, quickly and neatly.

Soon, all the people who had gathered in that area to watch the incident left.

Jennie clicked her tongue with approval. How impressive was that? That tall man was so nimble and full of strength.