416-420

Why were her words nonsense to him? Jennie was a little speechless to hear what Kim Soo-Hyun said.

“That’s a fact.” She believed she said nothing wrong. “My mother really doesn’t want to see you, so please leave.”

Kim Soo-Hyun was busy on New Year’s day too. He needed to go back to the Kim Family soon, but still, he made some time to come and visit Jun Ji-hyun.

Little did he think that Jennie wouldn’t even let him see her.

“Jennie, you have no right to make decisions for your mother.”

“Don’t I? I’m pretty sure that my mother doesn’t want to see you.”

“You know that you’re not...”

“No, I’m not,” Jennie interrupted him and said,
“Whose daughter am I then? Are you sure that you want to argue with me about that on the first day of the year right in front of my mother’s door? Are you sure?”

Kim Soo-Hyun fell into silence, looking at the door.

“Dad,” Jennie looked at Kim Soo-Hyun and said, “I have a question. Can you answer it for me?”

Kim Soo-Hyun silently looked at her.

“Since you dislike Aunt Seo so much, why don’t you divorce her?” Jennie raised her eyebrows. Her face, which looked a little similar to his, wore a confused look.

He really didn’t like Seo Yea-Ji, and he never forgot about Jun Ji-hyun, so, why didn’t he get a divorce?

“What nonsense are you talking about?” Kim Soo-Hyun changed his expression.

“You may think it’s nonsense. However, if you were living such a miserable life, if you suffered so much, you could have divorced her. You could have left her. You are a capable man. I believe that you’d be able to build a successful career without the help of the Seo Family.”

“If you were single now, I would never try to stop you from seeing my mother. However, Dad, you are a married man. You have a wife, a family, yet still, you come here to see my mother. Don’t you feel that this is very inappropriate?”

Jennie was going to use the word ‘shameless’, but couldn’t. The man who was standing in front of her was her father after all.

“You... What do you know? You know nothing.”

Kim Soo-Hyun, of course, believed in his own capabilities as well. He believed that he would be successful, even if the Seo Family hadn’t been helping him.

“You are right. I know nothing. Perhaps I’m still too young,” Jennie sighed silently and said, “But if Lisa was thinking about another woman while he was married to me, I’d never accept it. That’s all I know.”

“It’s not like that.” Jennie wouldn’t believe what Kim Soo-Hyun was going to say, but he said it anyway. “I, I only want to know that she’s doing well, I just...”

Ever since the accident that Hye-Jun caused, he had been feeling guilt and regret. He had those feelings restrained, though.

“She’s good. You don’t need to come here,” Jennie let out a long breath, then continued with, “Dad, I know that it’s hard for you to believe me, but I still want to tell you that even though I’m not my mother’s biological daughter, I will take good care of her. Don’t worry.”

After saying that, she turned and went back into the room to see Jun Ji-hyun.

Kim Soo-Hyun watched her leave in steady and firm steps. Jennie, his daughter, had grown up. Suddenly, a strong feeling of guilt attacked him. That was even worse than the guilt he had for Jun Ji-hyun.