426-430

Jennie and Lisa went home. Earlier that day, she asked Sister Lu to clean the apartment.

“I asked Sister Lu to clean mom’s room. She will be released in a few days, and we can take her home and look after her.”

“Sure,” Lisa agreed.

“I thought about moving into your villa since it is roomy and it will be more convenient for mom to do her exercises.”

“No problem. It’s up to you.”

“And—” Jennie has talked for a while and discovered that Lisa did not express any opinion of his own. “What happened? Don’t you have any ideas?”

“You decide,” Lisa pulled her to his side and sat down. “It’s small stuff. You don’t need to ask me.”

“I was just talking,” Jennie turned her head to look at him. “What happened to you today? There’s something wrong with you.”

Lisa shook his head. “The Lantern Festival is coming. Do you want to go back to Rong City with me to visit Grandpa? We could make an arrangement and bring Mom there.”

Jennie bit her lip. They decided it a long time ago, and she felt fine with it.

“Okay. I’ll ask my mom and consult with Doctor Jiang. If he says there’s no problem, we will take her back to Rong City.”

Lisa reached out his hand to touch her hair gently. “Great. Let me know once you have consulted with the doctor. You can leave the rest to me.”

“Sure.” Jennie was always at ease with Lisa. He was productive and efficient, and even more thoughtful than she was.

It was believed that Jun Ji-hyun would also agree to return to Rong City. However, Jennie was suddenly silent, with a hint of mixed feelings showing on her face.

“What’s wrong?”

Jennie looked at him, her lips pressed firmly.

“Do you think she will come back before we leave Lin City?”

Lisa saw the struggle in her eyes, and his heart ached for her.

He reached out to hug her, holding her tightly in his arms.

“Do you want to see her?”

With her face buried in his chest, Jennie found Lisa smelled clean and fresh. “A little bit. If we leave for Rong City, we will rarely return here. I want to see her before we leave.”

Lisa didn’t speak. Jennie looked up at him. “You don’t think I should?”

“I don’t see why not,” Lisa held her tightly around her waist. “If you really want to see her. You can even fly to the U.S. to visit her. You don’t have to wait for her to come back.”

Jennie looked down. She seemed to be contemplating something. “Forget it. It’s better for me not to see her.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to see her?”

“No, I don’t want to.” Jennie shook her head. “She must have been in a bad mood recently. I should not bother her.”

Jennie heard that Seo Yea-Ji suspected Kim Soo-Hyun of cheating on her, and she also suspected he fell in love with someone else. She must have been through a rough time.

Jennie thought that if she appeared again, it would doubtlessly burden Seo Yea-Ji even more.

Lisa stared at Jennie. She could seem a little detached, but she had a warm heart. As long as people approached her and got to know her, they would understand her kindness.