371-375

Even as he fell asleep, he kept on dreaming. He always ended up regretting in his dream — regretting that he had swapped the children from the beginning.

Later on, he would dream about the moment many years later when Jun Ji-hyun knew that he had swapped the babies. Aside from feeling upset, she blamed him.

Finally, he dreamt of Seo Yea-Ji, who almost went insane the moment she knew that her daughter was swapped. Then, he woke up from the nightmare of Seo Yea-Ji stabbing him with a knife.

After he woke, that overly-realistic dream made him doubt if he would really experience these things one day— If he would ever really met with a fate like that.

“Dad.”

When she saw Kim Soo-Hyun zoning out, Hye-Jun was extremely displeased. “Talk to me, please. Did you make those two pay for what they did?”

“Hye-Jun. Don’t be stubborn.”

After that dream, Kim Soo-Hyun had his mind set on not letting anybody know that the children had been swapped... at least not in the foreseeable future.

That meant he wouldn’t allow Hye-Jun to find any faults with Jennie. “Our company is now working closely with Lisa. You had better not be pestering Jennie.”

“Dad.” Hye-Jun listened to those words with disbelief. “What’s the meaning of this? Are you suggesting that company matters are more important than family honor?”

“That’s not what I meant.” Kim Soo-Hyun rubbed the point between his brows. He had doted on her so much that he had unknowingly spoiled her. Now she thought that she could do as she pleased.

Looking at her and thinking about Jennie, he could not imagine how Jun Ji-hyun would react once she knew the truth.

“Hye-Jun.” There was a rarely heard trace of fatigue in Kim Soo-Hyun’s voice. “You’re the most important thing in my heart. Be it the company or Jennie, none of them can compare to you. The reason why I disallow you to provoke Jennie is that, first, there is no need to; second, Jennie is now currently under Lisa’s protection. If we get into conflict with the Manoban Family, we won’t gain anything from it.”

“So are we just going to let it slide?” Hye-Jun simply could not swallow it.

“Of course not.” Kim Soo-Hyun got up, walked to face Hye-Jun and gripped her shoulders. “Hye-Jun, believe me. In this world, you don’t win by getting an upper hand first. The true winners are the ones who laugh last.”

When Hye-Jun heard that and saw the seriousness in her father’s eyes, she nodded abruptly. “Dad, do you mean you’ve already thought of a way to deal with that pair?”

“Of course.” Glossing over her venomous tone, Kim Soo-Hyun finally stopped regretting the decision he made in the beginning. “Hye-Jun, you’ve got to believe your father. You’ll be the one who wins in the end.”

“Alright.” Hye-Jun felt much better now that he had given her his word. “I believe you, Daddy.”

Since Kim Soo-Hyun had said that, she would just wait for Jennie to meet with misfortune.

...

The first thing Jennie did once she entered the department was to send out the gifts meant for the director and the doctors.

She had been out and about in the months she had been married — one day she would be at Rong City and the next in Japan. She took more days off in these past few months than in the previous several years combined.

In truth, she was quite embarrassed about it as well. Thankfully, Zhang Qiubai was a nice person. Chen Xiaoyu as well. The two directors were great — the doctors and nurses in the department were also very nice.