501-505

“Let’s not talk about them. Why don’t we go out and have dinner?”

While Jennie was speaking, she took out her phone, called Lisa, and asked him if he had finished his work. If he was available, they could have dinner together.

Unfortunately, Lisa was attending a business dinner tonight. Jennie hung up the phone and smiled at Irene. “Sorry, tonight will only be us. Lisa has been very busy recently, and it seems that there’s a lot of work at the company. But don’t worry, I will let him take you to have a fancy lunch tomorrow.”

Irene held Jennie’s arm. “What? Are you afraid I am not happy? It’s great that Lisa is absent. Without him, we can have a conversation between just us girls.”

Jennie told Ms. Yu that she didn’t need to cook for tonight, and then took Irene to a restaurant near her home.

“One of Lisa’s friends owns the business. The dishes here are special and have unique names.”

Though it was only the two of them, when Jennie showed her golden card, they were immediately led by the waiter to the VIP room upstairs.

“Great, Mrs. Manoban.” Irene stepped backward, looking at Jennie. “Do you realize that you have started behaving like a rich lady after you married Lisa?”

“What nonsense! I’m not always like this.”

Jennie rarely came to such places, and almost every time she came, she was with Lisa. Lisa’s friends were pretty generous. Yoon-gi’s family owned this restaurant, and her card was a present from him.

They were taken upstairs. After discussing with Irene, Jennie ordered some of the restaurant’s specialties.

While they were waiting for the dishes, they talked to each other and kept each other updated on their lives.

Jennie didn’t have much to say. Her life was just shifting between being in the hospital and home.

Since things were unpleasant between her and Son Ye-Jin, Jennie had only gone back to the Manoban Mansion twice after Old Master Manoban told her to come.

Somi was there every time. However, since Old Master Manoban was there also, she viewed Somi’s purpose there as to keep Old Master Manoban company. She didn’t usually stay there long after she had dinner.

During dinner, Son Ye-Jin kept praising Somi for her thoughtfulness and her good manners. Somi not only visited her from time to time but also went out shopping with her.

Last time, Somi had also come with Son Ye-Jin to the Women’s Chamber of Commerce and helped to contribute.

The Women’s Chamber of Commerce in Rong City was founded by the wives from old and wealthy families in the business circle. Their usual duties were to engage in charity and contribute to public service.

On the one hand, they helped others, but on the other hand, they looked at it as an avenue to advertise their husbands’ companies.

“Somi is very competent. She has helped a lot in her family’s company. Whoever marries her in the future will have a good and supportive wife.

Even if Old Master Manoban was present, Son Ye-Jin didn’t mind speaking highly of Somi.

Everyone else could see Son Ye-Jin’s concealed meanings. She was dissatisfied with Jennie.

But Jennie pretended not to acknowledge it. She continued to live with Lisa as if everything was perfectly fine.

For the second time, Son Ye-Jin complimented Somi and expressed regret that such a good girl hadn’t married a Manoban Family member. Lisa looked at Jackson and his brother, who were both there.