491-495

Under Jennie’s vigilant gaze, Zhang Yichen’s lips curled into a faint smile.

He made a large step backward but didn’t leave immediately.

Jennie knew that she would have no chance to win a fight against that man. She pressed herself tightly on the wall just now, so her hair was now a little messy.

Zhang Yichen raised a hand without thinking. He wanted to smooth her hair for her, but he retracted his hand when he saw the alerted look on her face.

He looked at her in the eyes once again, then turned and left.

Jennie had her eyes fixed on that man, worrying that he might come back to hurt her. However, she already realized that he was only trying to scare her. He probably knew that she didn’t hear anything.

Thankfully, that man didn’t do anything bad to her. Otherwise, she would’ve been infuriated.

Her phone rang again. Jennie answered the call, her breath still a little uneven.

“Jennie, are you okay?” It was Irene on the other side of the phone.

“I’m okay.” Jennie shook her head. The man turned and left only after making sure that he wouldn’t come back.

“You sound like you’re catching your breath. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, I was startled by a dog.”

Irene didn’t ask any further questions. She had something to say to Jennie, but as the latter answered the call, she didn’t know how to start.

“You hardly called me during working time. What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

“Jennie, I...” Irene felt a little uneasy with Seulgi in mind. “Nothing. I might want to go to Rong City to see you soon. Will I be welcomed?”

“Of course you will.” Jennie would love to have her.

“Great. I’ll see if I have time these couple of days and adjust my schedule.”

“Sure.” Jennie didn’t think too much about it, “Your work schedule is flexible anyway. Call me before you come. I’ll pick you up at the airport.”

“Okay,” Irene said something else, but still didn’t tell Jennie about what had been bothering her.

She decided to save it until she saw her in person.

Irene dropped her phone. The call didn’t cheer her up. On the contrary, she felt even uneasier then before.

What on earth was she thinking yesterday that made her end up in the same bed with Seulgi?

He refused to admit that he was her dear brother, and he had a fiancee.

‘Irene, what did you do?’ She said to herself, ‘Are you gonna be the third person in their relationship?’

She couldn’t figure out a thing, so she gave up. She ran into Seulgi a lot recently.

That was not a good thing. She decided to go to Rong City to see Jennie, avoid him, and calm herself down.

Seulgi’s face crossed her mind from time to time. What she sensed what not only the sweetness of the memory but also the bitterness that overshadowed the sweetness.

Her dear brother would probably never come back to her.

...

Jennie looked at the Range Rover parked in front of her and blinked her eyes. With suspicion, she turned to see the person in the driver’s seat. She didn’t touch the car door until she confirmed it was Lisa.