396-400

"She's having a hemorrhage. We need type-O blood."

"Type-O blood is needed," the doctor said to his assistant.

A nurse left to get the blood. Jennie had no spare attention for that. During surgery, she couldn't allow herself to be distracted, not even for a second.

The pregnant lady didn't only injure her stomach, but also her chest. The atmosphere in the operating room was very tense.

A surgeon was operating a thoracotomy for her, while an obstetrician was giving her a cesarean.

Two different operations were thus taking place at the same time. Jennie and Director Chen had worked together many times, so everything was going in an orderly way.

About an hour later, the cesarean was over. Both mother and daughter were safe. The thoracotomy was finished as well. The lady was wheeled to ICU, while the baby was sent to the nursery for observation.

Jennie was responsible for the written record of the operations. Huang Jie, the nurse, was still nervous. "That was a close one. I thought we'd lose her when she went unconscious."

"Tell me about it," said another nurse, Cheng Siyu. "She lost so much blood that we had to transfuse a thousand ml. The outcome was a miracle."

"Indeed. That was some serious blood loss."

"Are you gossiping?" Jennie glanced at them.

Huang Jie fell silent, then turned and quickly left. Jennie glanced at the patient's medical records and finished the report of the operation.

Soon, the medical examination report of the baby was brought to her. Jennie went through it, confirmed that there was no problem, then copied and saved all the records.

After finishing all those, she went to keep Jun Ji-Hyun company.

"You must be tired." Jun Ji-Hyun's injury hadn't healed yet, so she couldn't move at the moment. However, she could already lean on the hospital bed and feed herself.

"No," Jennie looked at her, took out the lunch that Lisa bought for her.

Lisa had Yang Wenchang deliver the food to the hospital. The soup was well cooked, very suitable for patients.

Xiao Ning quickly set the table.

"You have work to do. You don't need to come here." Being taken care of by her daughter made Jun Ji-Hyun feel awkward.

"Mom, I do have work to do, but I also need to eat."

"That's true. You are losing weight."

"I'm not," Jennie rolled her eyes. "I'm not losing weight! I ate all the soup that you couldn't finish lately. I've gained extra weight."

"That's good," Jun Ji-Hyun looked at her, thinking that she was skinny. "Girls need to be strong."

"I don't want to be fat," Jennie was happy with her current body shape. "Lisa might leave me if I get fat."

"I heard that. Don't you say that. Even if you got twice as big as you are now, I wouldn't think of leaving you."

Lisa's clear voice was heard. Jennie immediately stood up, turned and said, "What are you doing here?"

"I had a meeting with a client nearby, so I came here when it was done."

Lisa made it sound casual. However, in fact, he came to check on Jennie, as it was the first day she was back to work.

"Have you had lunch yet? Would you like to join us?"

"Sure," Lisa walked over and looked at the food. While choosing the food, he did not only think about what Jun Ji-Hyun needed but also about what Jennie liked.