481-485

As the pregnant woman kept complaining about the pain, Jennie had no other choice but to examine her before doing anything else.

She put her fingers on the woman’s abdomen, moving her hand slowly while asking the woman, “Does it hurt here?”

“Yes.”

“What about here?”

The pregnant woman screamed, “It aches there too. It aches everywhere. My entire belly is aching!”

“Can you describe the pain? Is it like a cramp? Is it intermittent?”

“How am I supposed to know how to describe the pain? All I know is that it hurts. Isn’t it the doctor’s job to find out why and how? Do you even know how to do your job?”

The woman’s voice didn’t hinder Jennie from making the right judgment. She lowered her head and continued examining her.

Once she finished the examination, she stood up and looked at the woman who was still lying on the bed. She said, “Miss, both you and the baby are good. Nothing seems wrong.”

“I’m fine? How is that possible?” The pregnant woman quickly sat up. “I’m not good! I was hit by a car. He hit me with the car.”

While speaking, the woman readjusted her clothes and prepared to get off the bed.

Jennie watched the woman’s nimble movements as she did so, then a thought popped up in her mind.

Before she could do anything, the woman came up with an idea. She then decided not to get up and grabbed Jennie’s hand instead.

“Are you a doctor or not? Do you know how to treat patients? I was hit by a car. How can I be fine?”

Jennie knitted her brows and looked at the woman’s hand holding hers.

The woman talked loudly and gripped her hand hard. There was no doubt that she was perfectly fine.

“Miss, can you please let me go?”

“I’m not letting go. What kind of doctor are you? My belly is aching now. I was hit by a car. How could you say that I’m fine?”

While speaking, the woman held Jennie with one hand and her belly with the other.

She did look to be in pain. Jennie told herself to calm down. “Miss, I just gave you a checkup. According to the result, both you and your baby are healthy. However, if you are still feeling pain, you can choose to do some further exams. I’ll order you some tests, okay?”

“Okay. I want to do all the tests.”

The woman sounded full of strength, but she soon put both hands on her belly and started moaning in pain again.

Jennie looked at her, wondering what she was planning to do. To verify her guess, she talked to the woman again.

“Miss, all of our colleagues who work in the B-type ultrasonic inspection room left. You may not be able to get a B-type ultrasonic inspection today. Maybe you should come back tomorrow.”

“How can I wait until tomorrow? The pain might kill me if I have to wait overnight.”

On hearing the woman yell, Jennie was sure that her guess was correct. Even so, she added something.

“Of course, you can also stay here. You can go for the admission procedure now, then stay here for the night. The tests will be done tomorrow.”

“I’ll stay here then.”

The woman’s words further confirmed Jennie’s guess. She nodded and said, “Alright, I’ll go and get you registered now. The nurse will take you to the ward, okay?”