336-340

Lisa could read her thoughts as he looked at her facial expression. He leaned in and kissed the corner of her lips. “Dear, you just need to care about doing what you like. Leave the other things to me.”

In his presence, nobody in Lin City would dare to mess with Jennie. If there was really any serious trouble, he was not afraid of it either.

To Jennie’s and Lisa’s surprise, Jun Ji-hyun did not object to the idea of traveling abroad. Moreover, she was in possession of a passport.

“Then we’ll settle on this. We’ll go to Japan.” At the thought of having fun abroad, Jennie was extremely pleased about it too.

“I’m almost done with my tasks at work. Recently, a few more interns have arrived at the hospital, so taking a few days’ leave is acceptable. Why not let us just pack some of our things and we’ll leave the day after tomorrow?”

“Will we be able to make it in time?” Jun Ji-hyun glanced at Lisa. “Lisa’s company must have a lot of matters to deal with, does it not?”

“You two go ahead.” Lisa looked at Jennie and winked deliberately at her. “I have some matters to take care of at the company. The two of you should head to Japan first. I’ll join you in two days.”

“Sure.”

It seemed that Jennie grasped his intention immediately. Jun Ji-hyun had not been with her all these years, and it made perfect sense that she would hope to spend more time with her.

Even though Jun Ji-hyun asked Lisa if he would be busy, she was instead beaming from ear to ear because of what he had said.

To be able to spend time alone with Jennie to foster their relationship was the best thing that could happen to her.

...

After entering the company, Lisa called for Yang Wenchang. “Make arrangements to purchase two air tickets for a flight to Japan the day after tomorrow. Then arrange for the personnel there to receive my guests.”

After he gave Yang Wenchang his tasks and settled some work-related matters, his secretary informed him that he had a visitor.

Lisa listened to his secretary’s report and shook his head straight away. “I’m not receiving any visitors.”

“President Manoban,” Qiu Junqiao barged in directly after hearing that Lisa rejected her request for a meeting. She rushed into Lisa’s office.

“President Manoban, our families have partnerships after all. The way you keep people at bay doesn’t seem too appropriate, does it?”

Due to Qiu Junqiao’s sudden intrusion into his office, Lisa frowned. He gave Yang Wenchang a wave of his hand as a gesture for him to leave the room. He stepped back.

“Miss Qiu, your family’s company, and not you, has a partnership with mine. I don’t have any official business to discuss with you, so it does not matter if my actions are appropriate or not.”

Qiu Junqiao was antagonized. “What kind of attitude is this, President Manoban? Are you throwing your weight around?”

Lisa rubbed his jaw with one hand and seemed to ponder that for a moment, then nodded vigorously. “Yes, I am throwing my weight around. Do you have a problem with that?”

Qiu Junqiao’s face flushed with fury. “Isn’t President Manoban lacking grace by bullying a woman in this way?”

“I also have to see who I’m extending my grace to. With regards to people who have no sense of shame, there is no need for me to be too polite.”