461-465

“Lisa?”

Jennie blinked hard. It wasn’t an illusion. It was Lisa.

He was holding a winter coat and wearing gloves and a scarf. Rong City was located in the north. It was cold out there after a fresh snowfall.

Jennie couldn’t hide the joy on her face. Her body reacted before her mind as she took a step forward and hugged Lisa tight.

With a smile, Lisa held Jennie in his arms and lowered his head to kiss her lips.

Jennie kissed him back. Her eyes were filled with happiness at this delightful surprise.

“Why are you here?” she asked. “No—I mean, how did you know I would be here? How did you know I would be staying at the hotel?”

“I knew once you got off the plane.”

Coincidentally, Jennie had run into Jisoo on her way out of the airport. Jisoo was heading back to Lin City.

He, of course, knew Jennie. He was surprised when he found her and her family calling a taxi, as no one was there to pick them up.

So he called Lisa and asked him why he hadn’t sent someone to pick Jennie up.

That was how Lisa learned that Jennie had come to Rong City. The hotel that she would be staying in was run by Yoon-gi’s family. Once she checked in, he knew about it.

On learning that his wife had come to his city, the first thing he had done was go to see her as soon as possible. His company wasn’t very far away from the hotel anyway.

Jennie looked at Lisa and couldn’t help but give him a few more kisses.

Lisa was pleased with that, but still, it was far from enough.

With his arms around her slim waist, he kissed her deeply. Jennie put her arms around his neck and kissed him back. She let her husband lift her from the ground.

Absence made the heart grow fonder. They hadn’t seen each other for days, and they had missed each other intensely.

Lisa was immersed in that kiss. Holding his wife, he took two steps forward and closed the door gently with his heel.

As he turned around, prepared to press Jennie against the wall and deepen that kiss further, they heard a series of coughs from behind them.

Lisa and Jennie hurriedly moved away from each other. Jennie even bit her lip and shot a glare at Lisa.

Seo Yea-Ji hadn’t expected to see a scene like that when she came out of her room. She felt a little awkward.

She cleared her throat, looked at Lisa, and said, “Why are you here?”

Lisa answered her question. He then looked at Seo Yea-Ji and Jennie and said, “Mom, why didn’t you let me know that you were coming here? I’d have sent someone to pick you up at the airport.”

“I wanted to surprise you.” Jennie held his arm and asked, “Are you surprised?”

“You tell me.” Lisa mussed her hair affectionately. They were the picture of a happy young couple.

Hearing Lisa call her “Mom” and feeling how much he cared for her daughter, Seo Yea-Ji felt less uncomfortable.

Lisa put an arm around Jennie’s waist and said, “You guys can stay in the family house.”

There was no reason for them to stay in the hotel.

“We plan to visit your family tomorrow.” Seo Yea-Ji looked at Lisa and said, “I heard that your family didn’t want you two to get married before. That’s why her grandfather and I decided to come here and visit your family together.”