391-395

"Grandfather. Dad. Mom. Sister." Jiwon removed his coat and greeted his family.

A servant came forth and took his coat to hang it up. Jiwon stood in front of the coffee table and observed the situation before him.

"What's wrong? What's going on?"

Seo Yea-Ji refused to speak. Old Master Seo did not speak either. Kim Soo-Hyun's brows were tightly knitted together, and he, too, did not utter a word.

In the end, Jiwon could only direct his gaze towards Hye-Jun, hoping that she would give him an answer.

"Sister?"

"Jiwon, you're back right on time." Hye-Jun looked as if she was about to cry. "Talk to Dad. He said he's sending me to the United States. I don't want to go."

To the United States? Jiwon glanced at Kim Soo-Hyun. "Why is she going to the United States?"

Hye-Jun stopped speaking. Seo Yea-Ji glared at Kim Soo-Hyun. The hatred in her heart was as deep as the ocean, but right now, she had an icy look covering up all her wrath.

"Dad, I don't want to go to the United States. I've already finished my master's degree. Why should I continue to study?"

Old Master Seo continued to sit there without speaking a word.

"Study?" Jiwon stared at Hye-Jun. "You still have to go to school?"

"Yes. That's what Dad said." Hye-Jun was pretty pissed off. "He's sending me to study in the United States for a few years before coming back. I told him I don't want to go."

Old Master Seo patted Hye-Jun's hand and finally looked at Kim Soo-Hyun. "So, you're thinking of banishing Hye-Jun now, right? Are you planning to give up on her already?

Kim Soo-Hyun's expression was no more pleasant than those of the rest. "What're you talking about, Father? I just want Hye-Jun to cultivate a better character by sending her abroad."

"Cultivate a better character?" Seo Yea-Ji was unable to be silent further. "Do you really intend for your daughter to cultivate better character or are you actually planning to banish her? You know this better than anybody else."

"That's not what I mean." Even if Kim Soo-Hyun bore that intention in his heart, he would never say it aloud. "I am sending her away for her own good. Would you rather wait for Lisa to deal with her instead?"

"What right does Lisa have to deal with her? Kim Soo-Hyun, you don't have to be so noble. Your sweetheart is back, and now you can't wait to give her the whole of your heart. What's a daughter worth, anyway?"

Seo Yea-Ji gritted her teeth, her heart filled with hatred. She accepted that Kim Soo-Hyun didn't treat her well and has been cold to her all these years. It was her choice to marry him, after all.

But now? He can't even stand his own daughter?

In the past, she actually noticed that he treated Hye-Jun pretty well, and thought that somehow, they were still a family. However, it was all until that woman came back.

Now she had returned. With Jun Ji-Hyun here, was there even a place for the rest of them in his heart?

"She caused Cai-" Kim Soo-Hyun paused and cleared his throat. "She caused her to get into an accident. You really think Lisa will just let her go like that?"

"Did she cause it? That was something Madam Luo and Madam Song did. What does it have to do with Hye-Jun?"

"If Madam Luo and Madam Song weren't acting to help her settle the score, why would they go all the way to stir up trouble with someone they don't even know?"