386-390

"That was what happened."

"Hye-Jun?" Jennie looked unimpressed. Her lips were pressed into a straight line. There was an obvious sheen of anger in her clear, watery eyes.

"It's great that you're back. Your dad has stopped me from dealing with Hye-Jun just now. How do you want to punish her? Just let me know."

In reality, Hye-Jun did not directly participate in the events that led to the accident. The ones who did were Madam Luo and Madam Song.

Though they were the main perpetrators, why would the two of them make Jun Ji-Hyun's life difficult out of the blue, if Hye-Jun wasn't the one playing her little tricks behind the scenes? In the end, it was all Hye-Jun's fault.

Jennie didn't know that. In fact, she had just promised Seo Yea-Ji that she would leave Lin City.

She could empathize with Hye-Jun. After the slap she got from Jun Ji-Hyun, she simply couldn't stomach her frustration just like that.

However, she should not have harmed Jun Ji-Hyun. Jennie felt horribly conflicted, but before she could think of a way to make Hye-Jun pay, someone knocked on the door to the ward twice.

The one who came in was Kim Soo-Hyun. He was holding two bags in his hand. When he noticed Jennie, he stopped short, but he didn't seem too surprised.

He had left after Jun Ji-Hyun was out of critical danger. Lisa thought that he left because he couldn't face Jun Ji-Hyun - he didn't expect to discover that Kim Soo-Hyun just went out to buy dinner.

"It's late. You should eat something."

Lisa stood there motionlessly. Jennie stared at Kim Soo-Hyun, her father who had never acted as one.

"No." Jennie's voice was utterly cold. "I'm not eating the dinner you brought."

"Jennie?" Kim Soo-Hyun was stunned. Clearly, he did not expect an attitude like this from Jennie.

Jennie's expression did not change. "Where's Hye-Jun? Has she gone to hide after causing trouble?"

Kim Soo-Hyun frowned upon hearing her words. "Why would you think that? She's tired, so I sent her home to have some rest."

"Tired? Why is she tired?" Jennie stared straight at Kim Soo-Hyun's face. Her gaze had extraordinary anger and sharpness to it. "What could she possibly be tired from?"

She stepped forward and stood before Kim Soo-Hyun. "She doesn't have to do anything to deal with those she doesn't like. She doesn't even have to say anything. Just one look, one expression... and somebody would help her get even or vent her anger. Is that right?"

"Jennie." Kim Soo-Hyun growled warningly, then took a few deep breaths when he noticed Lisa throwing unfriendly looks towards him. "Hye-Jun didn't intend for this to happen either. Madam Luo and Madam Song were the ones who caused it. Lisa had already punished them. You-"

"It's their problem now. How about Hye-Jun?" Jennie cried, unwilling to compromise.

No matter how good-natured she was, she had a bottom line too. "Tell me. How about Hye-Jun?"

"Jennie, Hye-Jun is your elder sister, however you look at it, and she knows that she made a mistake. She-"

"Hye-Jun is my elder sister, but Jun Ji-Hyun is my mother." Jennie's voice heightened a notch. She glared at Kim Soo-Hyun with an ice-cold gaze.

"Dad, search your heart and ask yourself - has Hye-Jun ever thought of me as her younger sister? Has she ever treated me as one?"

Kim Soo-Hyun's words were stuck in his throat. He couldn't utter a proper answer to Jennie's question at all.