106-110

Kim Soo-Hyun looked at Seo Yea-Ji’s face. The gentleness and elegance that normally showed through his face were replaced by a coldness he had never exhibited before.

“You can just ask your dad himself what he told me.”

“I am asking YOU now. What’s with that attitude of yours?” Seo Yea-Ji was furious at seeing him like this. “How could you talk to your wife like this?”

“I’ve always been like this. Didn’t you already know that?”

Kim Soo-Hyun was nearly fifty years old, but he looked like he was forty because he was so well-maintained. He had an excellent reputation, both as a businessman and as a man. That a front for other people.

Seo Yea-Ji’s chest heaved violently. Yes, she had already known. She had learned twenty-six years ago.

“Kim Soo-Hyun, let me remind you that it was I who gave you everything you have now.”

“Thanks for reminding me.” Kim Soo-Hyun looked indifferent. “I don’t mind if you want to take it back.”

“Soo-Hyun.” His indifferent tone successfully hurt Seo Yea-Ji.

“Get out of the way.” Kim Soo-Hyun passed her and headed directly for the bathroom as if he had not noticed Seo Yea-Ji twisted facial expression.

Seo Yea-Ji tried hard to restrain herself, but failed. “Soo-Hyun, I am telling you, I will never take it back. You can’t even dream about getting a divorce. In this life, I will be Mrs. Kim until I die. You’ll never, ever be with that woman.”

Kim Soo-Hyun stopped for a moment. Then, he turned around to look at Seo Yea-Ji. “Then I’m telling you, in this life, the title of “Mrs. Su” is all you’ll get.”

Seo Yea-Ji watched Kim Soo-Hyun walk into the bathroom, processing his words. She had already realized the truth they revealed long ago. Anger and resentment surged up in her, but so did sadness.

Who would have thought that the great Lady Seo, who had once been so loved and indulged, would go on to live in such an unhappy marriage with Kim Soo-Hyun?

She had conceived Hye-Jun because she had tried to and Jiwon was an accident after Kim Soo-Hyun had been drunk. In addition to those two times, Kim Soo-Hyun had not even touched her. For more than twenty years, they slept in the same bed as strangers.

And all this was because of that woman. Because of her—

That woman was not in Lin City anymore, but her daughter did annoy her from time to time.

She pondered Hye-Jun’s words and thought of that woman, who had been an obstacle between Kim Soo-Hyun and her for more than 20 years—

Jennie, Jennie. Don’t blame me if you can’t behave yourself. Blame your shameless mother, who gave birth to you, but left you. The daughter should pay her mother’s debt.

...

When Jennie returned home, she found that the clouds had already dispersed. She ran into the balcony excitedly and looked at the moon in a daze.

Lisa went into the kitchen, poured a glass of water, and put it in her hands.

“Thank you.” It had taken an hour to get back from the Kim Mansion and she was really a little thirsty.

Looking at her profile in the moonlight, Lisa put his arms around her waist. Jennie did not look back. The atmosphere was so good that she did not want to break it.

“The moon is so full tonight.”

“Is it?” Lisa looked up at the sky and said, “Doesn’t it look the same every year?”