376-380

On the other hand, by the time Seo Yea-Ji arrived at the company, it was late. The routine company meeting had concluded. Without her, the vice director present, Kim Soo-Hyun, had handled every matter very well.

In the meantime, Hye-Jun had given her a call, telling her that she wanted to have lunch together.

After ending the call, Seo Yea-Ji instructed her personal assistant to make reservations for lunch. The venue she had chosen was Hye-Jun’s favorite restaurant.

When the personal assistant entered the company, she had also brought the gift box along with her. After making reservations the way Seo Yea-Ji had instructed her, she placed the gift box on the work desk.

“Director Seo, this...”

“Throw it away.” Seo Yea-Ji behaved as if she had just noticed the gift box. She gave the order without lifting her head.

Her voice was extremely icy, and her tone was very firm. The personal assistant stared at the gift box and felt that it was a pity to throw it away.

However, she still picked up the gift box. “I’ll be throwing it away then.”

“Discard it. Remember to get rid of it.”

The personal assistant nodded and left the room with the gift box in her hand.

...

Seo Yea-Ji gazed at Hye-Jun, who was sitting opposite her in the restaurant. The injury on her face was not clearly visible after she had treated it the day before.

Hye-Jun had majored in business management. She was also participating in the recent partnership with Tianyu Group.

“Mother, you were absent during this morning’s company meeting. Where did you go? You didn’t pick up my calls.”

Hye-Jun asked her question casually, yet Seo Yea-Ji’s reaction to it was a blank stare.

“Mother, what’s wrong with you?”

“It’s nothing. Wasn’t your father there to conduct the meeting?”

“You’re the one to say.” Hye-Jun was actually a little displeased with Kim Soo-Hyun. However, it was just a tiny displeasure. At this moment, she had more important things to talk to her mother about as she sat opposite her.

“I told Father to settle the score with that woman for me, and to my surprise, he actually refused. I was flabbergasted and extremely furious.”

Seo Yea-Ji gazed at Hye-Jun and her brows furrowed. “Oh? Your father actually refused to do it?”

“That’s right. Not only did he refuse, but he also went on to tell me that there isn’t a need now to settle any scores with them. He also said that we are in a partnership with the Manoban Family now and it will not look good for us if we offend Lisa.”

“Who is Lisa?” At this thought, Hye-Jun also felt somewhat annoyed. “He is merely a well-known person who had relocated here from Rong City. Why should we be afraid of him?”

“Your father’s words make sense.” The fact that Seo Yea-Ji did not pursue the matter with Jennie any further earlier today was also due to her consideration of Lisa being in the picture.

“Mother, why do you echo Father’s words?”

Hye-Jun was increasingly infuriated. She glared at Seo Yea-Ji scornfully; a look of defiance spread over her face.

“Hye-Jun,” Seo Yea-Ji looked into Hye-Jun’s eyes. “At this moment, we have to look at the big picture and consider what’s best for our family. Just heed your father’s advice first.”