281-285

“Aunt.” Jennie blinked her eyes and fought down the impulse to cry. “Next time, if we don’t come back on time, you don’t have to wait for us. Our timing is not fixed.”

“It’s okay. I don’t have other things to do anyway.” Jun Ji-hyun smiled amiably.

Jennie knew it would be difficult to change her mind, but made a mental note to call next time if she could not get back on time.

Then, she realized that she hadn’t seen Jun Ji-hyun use a mobile phone at all and wondered whether to take her out and buy one. She could save her and Lisa’s numbers as emergency numbers so that she could call them when she needed someone.

Looking at the wrinkles under Jun Ji-hyun’s eyes, Jennie told herself that nothing was really unacceptable. Sooner or later, she would accept her as her mother.

“Jennie? Are you displeased?”

“No, Aunt. I’m going to wash my hands and have dinner.”

“Yes. I’ll warm up the food.”

“Okay.”

Jennie washed her face with cold water in the bathroom and came out with her mood back to normal.

Jun Ji-hyun wanted to chat with Jennie since Lisa was not home, which was very rare.

“Jennie, the other day you said that you had met Lisa yourself. So how did you meet? Can you tell me about it?”

“Sure.” Jennie wanted to tell her but suddenly did not know where to start. If she really wanted to tell the whole story, she had to start with Wei Lenan. In fact, she felt that she should be grateful for Wei Lenan’s infidelity. Otherwise, how would she have met a man as nice as Lisa?

This was fate, wasn’t it? The relationship between Lisa and her was fated.

When she saw Jun Ji-hyun’s worried eyes, she felt she could not tell her about everything that had passed.

She understated what happened without any relish. She was smiling lightly when she spoke of how good Lisa was to her.

Jun Ji-hyun was experienced. It was easy for her to tell that the smile was from her heart. After these days of observation, she got to know Lisa better.

“You are lucky to have met Lisa. He seems like a good man. I am relieved that you are doing well.” Jun Ji-hyun had worried about her daughter before she knew that she was living a happy life.

Jennie nodded and felt delighted because she sensed the concern in Jun Ji-hyun’s words.

“Aunt, don’t worry. Lisa is kind to me.”

Though she was not in love with him yet, she believed it was only a matter of time.

“I can see that,” said Jun Ji-hyun. Her voice sounded emotional. “You are much luckier than me. Your father—”

She paused suddenly and looked at Jennie with hesitation in her eyes.

“How has your father been these past years?”

After she had left Lin City, she had not paid any attention to this place or Kim Soo-Hyun’s news.

She told herself that the past belonged to the past. Once she left, she thought she should not care about how Kim Soo-Hyun was.

These days she kept seeing a face that resembled Kim Soo-Hyun’s, so she could not help but want to ask about him.

“My father?” Jennie looked at Jun Ji-hyun, not surprised that she asked about him. She said, “I don’t know. I haven’t been back there for a long time. I don’t know how he is.”