456-460

Seo Yea-Ji met Kim Soo-Hyun’s look and stepped forward in front of him.

“Hye-Jun is headstrong. You’d better go and console her.”

It was done—the only thing left was for everyone to accept it. There was no way around the situation, even if people didn’t accept it.

Kim Soo-Hyun remained silent and turned around. He heard Seo Yea-Ji’s voice come from behind him.

“Kim Soo-Hyun, is this what you wanted? Is this what you wanted to see? Are you satisfied now?”

Kim Soo-Hyun had gotten his revenge. Now, was he happy? Was he satisfied?

Kim Soo-Hyun’s body trembled as if he was suddenly drained of all his energy.

He didn’t turn around and his back remained stiff. Seo Yea-Ji wasn’t going to let him off easy. “Kim Soo-Hyun, how I wish I could kill you.”

Despite her words, she made sure to smile as she spoke. Bystanders seeing that scene wouldn’t know the truth and would think they were talking about their kids.

Only the two of them knew that what they were talking about had nothing to do with the kids.

Her voice was icy, and the loathing in her tone dug deep into Kim Soo-Hyun’s heart.

He ignored his urge to turn and face her, instead, rushing off to find Hye-Jun without another word. The back of his head bobbing away made him look like a fleeing coward.

Seo Yea-Ji collected herself. She turned and smiled again.

Not only was today the festival, but it was also a special day that should belong to Jennie. Seo Yea-Ji didn’t want others to affect her mood, especially not Kim Soo-Hyun.

Jennie kept silent. Watching Hye-Jun run away like that, she was feeling a full range of emotions.

In just that moment, she felt sympathetic towards Hye-Jun.

Seo Zhirong and Seo Yishan, who were standing by her, looked like they were about to say something. Quickly, Jennie smiled politely at them and found an excuse to go up to Seo Yea-Ji.

“Mom.” Seo Yea-Ji had been tough earlier, and Jennie thought that she might still feel bad about it now. “Are you alright?”

“Of course. I am fine. I am good.”

Seo Yea-Ji looked composed. In actuality, she didn’t dislike Hye-Jun, but it made her extremely uncomfortable that Hye-Jun was the daughter of Kim Soo-Hyun and Jun Ji-hyun.

Kim Soo-Hyun had switched her identity at birth so that she could live in a wealthy family.

The very thought of it made Seo Yea-Ji feel like her heart was on fire, and that flame burned her rationality to ashes.

If Hye-Jun was hurt by the way she’d been dealt with today, Seo Yea-Ji was not the one to blame. She should blame Kim Soo-Hyun.

Taking a deep breath, Seo Yea-Ji touched Jennie’s arm. “I am good. But you—you should always remember who you are. If someone wrongs you, you don’t need to tolerate it. Just take them down a peg. Whatever happens, I’m always on your side.”

“Mom.”

Now Jennie knew where Hye-Jun’s imperious personality came from.

“Who would come and provoke me? You’re overthinking this.”

“I just want you to know that.” Yes, ordinary people would not be provoking Jennie, but there were plenty of senseless people out there.

Seo Yea-Ji had mixed feelings thinking of the look in Hye-Jun’s eyes when she stormed out the door.