301-305

Lisa had wiped his emotions from his face before he returned to the bedroom.

He sat on the bedside, his eyes on Jennie’s face. She wore a frown and seemed formidable, but Jennie did not notice that. At this moment, she was looking at her phone.

Lisa glanced at her phone and saw that Jennie was text messaging with Irene.

Irene left before he came home, so he didn’t know that she had been here.

He got into bed and put an arm around Jennie’s waist.

“Are you chatting with Irene?” He whispered in her ear.

“Umm,” she responded. Irene had something to say to Jennie. She couldn’t say it earlier, so now she messaged her. She reminded Jennie of something that the latter failed to notice by herself.

Jennie had a vague feeling about those things but hadn’t been paying much attention to them, because she was busy recently, and was still adjusting to Jun Ji-hyun’s sudden appearance.

“What are you talking about?”

Jennie pulled Lisa’s hand away from her waist. He didn’t touch her bruise, but the bruise was right below his hand.

“She reminded me not to let Aunty see my father or any other person from the Kim Family.”

Things might become troublesome if that happened.

Lisa nodded. He shared Irene’s opinion about that.

“She is right. We had better not let that happen,” he nodded.

“I know,” Jennie held his hand and said, “I have given her a hint about that. I think she knows it.”

She wasn’t worried that Jun Ji-hyun might bump into someone from the Kim family. The house of the Kim Family was an hour away from where she lived, and Seo Family’s company was far away as well.

Jun Ji-hyun has barely left the neighborhood since she came. Therefore, Jennie figured that she understood it.

“Good. However, we still need to be careful. If she really meets someone from the family, we might be in trouble.”

If Kim Soo-Hyun really loved Jun Ji-hyun so deeply before, he might do something unwanted.

If that happened, the Seo Family would not let him get away with it, especially Seo Yea-Ji and Hye-Jun.

“What can I do?” Jennie sighed. “My mother came all the way here. I can’t possibly send her away. She will probably live together with me from now on. I’ve thought about it. They’ll see each other sooner or later. I can only do my best to cope with what might happen by then.”

Lisa stayed silent. If that really happened, he would surely protect his wife and her mother, without giving the Kim Family a chance to try hurting them.

...

Reading the email on the screen of his phone, Lisa wore a fierce look in his eyes.

Hye-Jun? She did have some guts. How dare she hurt his wife? He gently drummed on the desk with his fingers, wondering if Hye-Jun did it alone or together with Seo Yea-Ji.

Did Seo Yea-Ji know that Jun Ji-hyun was back? Was she trying to ruin Jennie’s career?

No, that did not look like something that Seo Yea-Ji might do. It was a better fit for an impulsive and brainless person like Hye-Jun.

The truth could be easily found out. He only needed to make a trip to see the Kim Family. But...

Lisa answered the internal call with a cold voice. “Give Seo Family some trouble, but keep it quiet. We’re still in cooperation with them after all.”