361-365

“I don’t know.” Lisa was not concerned about Kim Soo-Hyun. The two families were in a business partnership. Seeing that he was Jennie’s father, Lisa would show him some respect.

However, if Kim Soo-Hyun wanted to make things difficult for Jennie, that would definitely not be tolerated.

“I worry about...” Jennie did not tell Lisa about what happened in Japan.

However, Jennie was worried that Kim Soo-Hyun had come to settle the score with Jun Ji-hyun because of what had happened between her, her mother, and Hye-Jun.

“What do you worry about?” Lisa was quick to sense that something was amiss.

“It’s nothing.” It is better not to tell Lisa. Jennie shook her head and trusted Jun Ji-hyun to be able to settle the matter by herself.

Lisa narrowed his eyes and looked at her; his arms tightened around her waist. “Spill the beans, darling. What exactly happened?”

Jennie’s lips tightened into a straight line. She held Lisa’s hand in hers. “It’s nothing. I just feel that I’m a little confused about something.”

“What is it?”

“Do you think my father loves my mother or Auntie?” The ‘auntie’ she was referring to here was naturally Seo Yea-Ji. Having addressed her as ‘auntie’ for so many years, she could not kick the habit.

Moreover, now that Jun Ji-hyun was not with them, she would not know that Jennie had addressed her this way.

“We’ll have to ask him.” Lisa did not see that Kim Soo-Hyun had much love either for Jun Ji-hyun or for Seo Yea-Ji.

“If he loves my mother, how has he been able to live under the same roof as Auntie for so many years? If he loves Auntie, then why is he entangling himself with my mother now?”

“Do you want to hear the truth?” Lisa gave her hand a squeeze, and an uninhibited smile appeared on his face.

“Go ahead and tell me.” New n𝙤vel chapters are published on

“If you ask me, your father doesn’t love anyone but himself.”

Jennie gave his hand a squeeze in return. “If I were to comment about him, he is just being indecisive. He loves my mother, and at the same time, he can’t give Auntie up.”

“Are you trying to say that your father loves Hye-Jun’s mother?”

“I don’t know.” Jennie halted in her tracks and gazed at the shadows of the trees around the neighborhood. “However, there is one thing which I have never told either my mother or anyone else before.”

“What is it?” What could she possibly hide from Jun Ji-hyun?

“It was approximately a few years ago when I was still attending university. Once, I went home to retrieve something and that day, Hye-Jun and Jiwon were not home. When I entered the house, I heard that Auntie had fallen ill. Since I was living with the Kim Family and was studying to be a doctor, I thought of checking on her. Then I saw my father.”

Seo Yea-Ji had always been robust. That time when she fell ill was one of the few times which Jennie remembered her not feeling well.

When Jennie headed up the stairs and was about to enter Seo Yea-Ji’s room to check on her, she realized that Seo Yea-Ji’s bedroom door was not shut. Seo Yea-Ji was ill and her face burned red with fever. She had an agonized look as she lay in bed.

As Jennie was about to enter the room, she saw Kim Soo-Hyun coming out of the bathroom. She did not know what she was thinking of at that time but she instinctively avoided him and hid beside the door.