~Chapter 37: I Didn't Mean It

~Chapter 37: I Didn’t Mean It

            “Really, Ari?! Are you serious?!” I stormed over to her in the pool. I had just about enough. “You come here and talk to Niall like you own him?! You talk to him like he’s yours?! He is NOT yours, you bitch!” I yelled. I was so mad, I couldn’t stop. “GET OUT HERE AND TALK TO ME!”

            “Well, you DON’T own Niall either, cunt!” she screamed back at me. “I’LL DO WHAT I WANT, BITCH!” She made her way out of the pool. “HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!”

            “HOW DARE YOU ACT LIKE YOU OWN EVERYONE!” I yelled, raising my fist.

            “Cordelia, stop!” Niall said. He grabbed my arm before I could land a punch in Ari’s face. “Take a deep breath.”

            I struggled to catch my breath as Niall’s soothing voice calmed me down. My hate fire started to die out. “Keep your hands off him, Ari.” I took Niall’s hand in mine. “He’s mine, not yours.” I could feel Niall’s grip loosen suddenly in surprise but then held tightly again.

            “You’re not even dating. He’s not yours.” Ari put her hands on her hips and gave me her pompous glare.

            “Not yet. BUT HE SOON WILL BE. So, SHUT UP! BITCH!” I yelled. I was so angry.

            Everyone looked at me, surprised, except Ari. “Cordelia, let’s go inside.” Niall led me back up to our room and shut the door behind us.

            I sank into the corner of the room. “I’m sorry, Niall. I just… I didn’t mean…,” I started. “I was just-- I know I was selfish--.”

            “Shhh, Cordelia,” Niall said, picking me up in his arms. “It’s alright. It’s alright.” He cradled me in his arms. “I understand. I know.”

           I sniffed, crying. “I don’t know why I was so angry. I just didn’t like the fact that she was with you,” I cried. “I didn’t mean it.”

            Niall wiped away my tears and kissed me. “No, I’M sorry, Cordelia. I should’ve spent more time with you instead. Hey, it’s okay, Cordelia. We all understand. It’s okay.” He pressed his lips to my forehead soothingly.

            I caught my breath and pulled him closer to me. “Niall…” I reached up and pulled his face to mine, kissing him. We got more into it, and after a while, I pulled away, pressed my nose to his, and whispered, “Niall, I’ve made up my mind. I want to go with you on tour.”

            He broke out into a giant smile and replied, “Really?! You really want to?”

            I nodded and threw my arms around him. “Because I don’t ever want you to leave my side. You made me feel like there’s a reason for me to keep living. You made me truly happy. You made me feel loved. I don’t want to ever lose that feeling.” I pulled him closer to me.

            He hugged me back tightly. “I will never leave you.” We sat in that position for what seemed like hours. After a while, Niall asked, “Did you really mean it when you said ‘but he soon will be?’ That soon, we’d really be…” He stopped, unsure whether to say it or not.

            I smiled and replied, “Keep going.”

            “… Together?”

          I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. “Well, if I’m not going to be with you, who else would I be with?” I smiled.

            We spent the rest of the day alone together. At first I felt bad because I kept Niall from interacting with anyone else. But he assured me that he liked being alone with just us two. Everything seemed perfect and going well. I never knew what bad news lay ahead.