~Chapter 41 (End of Part One): I Never Thought I'd Love You

~Chapter 41 (End of Part One): I Never Thought I’d Love You

                        I pushed through everyone. “NIALL!” I screamed. People from all around stared, but I didn’t care. “NIALL!” I ran from the entrance to the security. I looked everywhere, but I couldn’t find him. “Niall…!” I called. I started crying. “Niall, please…” I looked up at the time. It was 2:15. I started sobbing. “Niall, I’m so sorry. This is all my fault. I’m so sorry… so sorry, so sorry…,” I sobbed. “Niall, come back to me…” I cried and cried.

            “Are you okay, miss?” I heard a little voice ask.

            I looked down. It was a little boy holding a little E.T doll. “Do you need anything? My little alien will try its hardest to get it back for you, after its spaceship comes back. It fell on the ground and became dirty, you see. It’s being washed. Did you lose something? I can find it and get it back for you.”

            I looked at him and sank to the ground. “I lost…,” tears streamed down my face, “I lost the most important person to me… I just… I just want him back… I just want Niall back…” I buried my face in my hands, sobbing. “I just want to get everything back… I never wanted our relationship to end… I just wish I could go back in time and change everything…” My fists clenched as I pictured Niall leaving. I couldn’t stand it. My world was crumbling down again. It was the same feeling I had when I watched as my mother was shot.

            “My spaceship! It’s back!” I heard the little boy say all of a sudden.

            I looked up. And there, in front of me, was Niall. My gaze met his, and I jumped up and ran into his open arms. I cried, burying my face in his. “Niall,” I cried. “Niall, I’m so sorry, this was all my fault. Please don’t leave me.” I wrapped my arms around him. “I can’t bear imagining this world without you anymore. After I met you, I let go of all my dark memories. Back then, I didn’t really know what it meant to say goodbye. My heart was always searching for someone like you. I don’t know what I’d do without you now that I’ve met you. And most of all, fallen in love with you.” I pulled away and looked at Niall with my teary eyes. “I love you, Niall.”

            His eyes were also red. Niall reached up his hand and touched my face softly. People had gathered a circle around, but we were so lost in each other’s face that we were alone. “I realized that… ever since I fell in love with you, I’ve started this… journey. And I’ll keep walking along this path, because it’s my path of life. Without you, there’d be so many things I never knew. My life began when our love began… that day I met you.” A tear worked its way down my face and Niall wiped it away with his thumb. I put my hand to his on my face.

            “Oh, Niall,” I cried. “I’m so sorry.”

           “Cordelia…” Niall slipped his arm around my waist and brought me forward. “Please don’t ever forget this moment.” He lifted up my chin and kissed me, in front of all those flashing lights. It was the first kiss that was sure and filled with passion. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck.

            So this is what it’s like to be loved, I thought. It could’ve been so much easier if I had just listened... and opened up. After about what seemed like 20 seconds, Niall pulled away and replied, “Stay with me, Cordelia. We can see the world and I’ll always take care of you. You’ll always be by my side. I’ll always be there for you, and I’ll protect you with everything I have. What do you say, Cordelia? Will you please be my one and only princess?” Niall asked, his eyes sparkling.

            I broke out into a smile, crying, and pulled him close to me. “Yes, Niall. Yes, I will be your princess.”

            Niall also smiled and laughed, running his fingers through my hair. “I’m so happy I finally proved myself to you. I love you so much, Cordelia. You don’t even know.” He buried his face in my hair and cried.

            “You have always been worthy of me. I just didn’t open myself to see it. I love you too, Niall.” He touched his forehead to mine. “Niall… I never thought I’d love you,” I whispered so only Niall could hear.

            He gently held the sides of my face with his giant hands and replied, “I knew you would from the very first moment we met.”

~THE END~

Author’s Note: Well, hope you liked the story! The words that I bolded were supposed to help you guys realize some stuff about yourselves. (: I really hope you all did. This is the end of Part One, BUT. If you like the story and want to keep reading, I’m putting up Part Two! :D *WHOO* I’ll continue to update in this story. (So basically, the story will continue here as Chapter 42 and 43 and so on…) I really hope you’ll keep reading. Because it really brings out the character in Cordelia A LOT more later on.

Anyways, thank you! It means so much to me that you made it all the way here. You’re amazing. xx