~Chapter 43: Here I Am

            “Janelle!” I shrieked across the studio. Everyone turned to look at me, including Janelle.

            “Cordelia!” Janelle called back. She ran over to me. “I never thought I’d actually see you again!”

            “Well, here I am.” I laughed.

            “You… changed. In a good way.” Janelle smiled. “You look happier than before.”

            I smiled back. “I am.” I knew I would never forget this girl.

            “I didn’t think you’d remember me,” she replied.

            “Of course I would! You’re really important to me, in a way.”

            “Janelle, get ready for the interview,” the director told her.

            “Okay,” Janelle said. She turned back to me. “I’ll chat with you afterwards!”

            I waved to her as she went with the boys into the interview room. I sat down in the waiting room and listened to music, stalking my boyfriend and his friends on Tumblr like a normal fangirl. You’d think being Niall’s girlfriend was different. But, no. I was still a Directioner, just like every other Directioner out there. Giggling at One Direction’s funny faces, laughing at their little fails, and fangirling over shirtless pictures of… well for me, just Niall. I smiled, going on Twitter.

~~~~

            The interview ended and the boys and Janelle came into the waiting room. I stood up. “How’d it go?”

            “Fine, as usual.” Niall smiled at me and gave me a peck on the cheek, walking to the snack vendor machine.

            I walked over to Janelle. “So you work in a radio station now?” I asked.

            She nodded. “Yeah, I love being the DJ here. It’s something I really love to do.”

            I smiled. “I’m glad. You’re… 19, right?”

            “Yes. And… you are too, right?” Janelle asked.

          I nodded. “Hey, do you think I could get your number? Then maybe we could, you know, text or something.” I shrugged as Janelle obviously struggled to hold in her joy.

            “Of course!” she said. I took out my phone and added her number in. “Text me later tonight!”

            I told her I would, and the boys and I got in the car. We drove back to Niall and my house where everyone departed. Niall and I basically just relaxed the rest of the night. I texted Janelle for a little while, getting to know her more, and then eventually stopped.

            I walked out into the summer night air and sat down on the grass. Niall came out and sat down with me. We usually did this every night if we could. “Let’s go visit my mum tomorrow.”

            I looked at Niall. “Maura? Really? Do you think she’ll approve of me? Approve of… this?” I gestured to myself and looked away from him.

            “Of course she’ll approve. Babe, look at me.” Niall turned my head to look into his eyes. “Even if she doesn’t approve, she’ll learn to.” He smiled. “You’re just that kind of person.”

            I kissed him and wrapped my arms around him. “I love you so much… Niall.” I rarely called him by his actual name anymore. I only did it unless I was mad, being sweet and innocent, or serious.

            “I know,” he replied with a smug.

            I elbowed him. “Cuntbag.” We laughed, enjoying each other’s presence.

            “I love you so much too, Cordelia. And I’m sure my mum will too.”