~Chapter 39: I Fell For You

            It was time for dinner with Niall and he was late. He was supposed to meet me when the sun started setting. Where is he? I thought. He’s not the kind of guy to be late.

          I walked around the back of the restaurant. “Where are you, Niall?” I mumbled. “You’re ten minutes late…!” I slowly made my way back to the front entrance, but then I saw something that made me stop dead in my tracks. It was Niall. AND ARI. They were walking together. Then, all of a sudden, she pulled him in for a kiss. They were kissing. I couldn’t believe it. I saw everything in detail.

            I stepped back in shock. My heart felt like it was torn out of my chest. I clutched my chest and gasped. This is why he didn’t meet me?! I thought. He was with her? And to think I trusted him…! I ran off, angry and hurt. I just ran back to Adriana’s house and sat on the fountain. I cried and cried and cried. “I trusted you!” I yelled out loud. Nobody was there to hear me shout. “I believed you! But I was wrong!” I sat on that fountain, crying, sobbing, and weeping for what seemed like an eternity.

            “Cordelia!” I heard a voice call out. I looked up and saw Niall running towards me. “I saw you running! Why did you run awa--!”

            “GO AWAY!” I screamed.

            He stopped in surprise. “What’s the matter?”

            “What’s the matter? WHAT’S THE MATTER? YOU DITCHED ME FOR THAT BITCH! YOU SAID YOU’D MEET ME, BUT YOU WERE WITH HER! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID! YOU KNOW!” I yelled, immediately losing my temper.

            Niall blinked, taken aback. “I have no idea what you’re talking about, Cordelia!”

            My anger fumed by the sight of him. “I’VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU! You never know when to leave me alone! You never know when to give up! You don’t know me! You don’t understand me! You don’t know who I am! You don’t know what it’s like to be me! And you’ll never know!” I screamed at Niall. My anger was growing by the second, my words getting out of control. “I knew I shouldn’t have trusted you! I knew I shouldn’t have believed you! I was wrong to think you were different! I was wrong to have felt that way about you! I was…” I stopped because I was crying too hard. “I was… wrong… about… who you are… and I… I fell for you…,” I sobbed. “I fell for you, Niall James Horan. Out of everyone else in the world, it was you…”

            “Cordelia, just listen to me! I didn’t do what you thought I did! It was just a misunderstanding! Why can’t you listen?!” Niall argued back at me.

            “JUST GO!” I yelled. “JUST LEAVE! I DON’T CARE IF YOU GO! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! I HATE YOU!” I sobbed. “I WON’T GO ON TOUR WITH YOU! FOR ALL I CARE, JUST GO AND LEAVE ME!”

            “NO WONDER NOBODY CAN PUT UP WITH YOU! YOU DON’T EVEN TRY TO LISTEN--!” Niall shouted at me but then stopped.

            I could almost literally feel my heart breaking. Why, Cordelia? How could you have been so weak? So gullible? How could you have trusted him? I thought. “FINE! I WANT YOU OUT OF MY LIFE! JUST FORGET WE EVEN MET EACH OTHER!” I screamed, crying.

            Niall covered his mouth. “Oh, Cordelia. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry I said that. I-I didn’t mean it. I was just… I was frustrated. I’m sorry, please.” Niall put his hand on my shoulder.

            I shook it off coldly. “Don’t touch me!” I sobbed. “Don’t… touch me…! I know you meant it. I know you meant every word.” I looked at him, crying. I took one last look in his light blue eyes. The first ones I saw that were like mine. The ones that taught me emotions I’d never experienced before. The ones that supposedly shined the light in my darkness. Or at least… I felt that they did. “I’m done with you, Niall. I don’t ever want to see you again. Ever.” I wiped my tears away and stood up.

            Niall watched me in horror. “Please, Cordelia, just listen!”

            “Goodbye, Niall.” I turned and ran off, leaving him there. And for the first time, I saw him cry. I saw the tears work their way down his face. And as much as it pained me to turn my head away from him, I did. It felt like I was closing another door to the light and leaving myself in total darkness. Again.

♥ I Never Thought I'd Love You ♥जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें