I Don't Want To Hear You've Got A Boyfriend

Brendon:

I get out of the car to open the door for the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. I didn't think she could be any more perfect but in this dress and with those tattoos I'm positive this girl could change me as a person. And she wore boots with her dress, that's the cutest thing I've ever fucking seen. Boots. She doesn't even have to try. She was so embarrassed when I looked at her pictures. I was nervous that she didn't like my band and is have to try harder to impress her. And we've met! I've met her before! And the weirdest thing is, I didn't realize she was the same person but I remember her. She drew me a picture of me and the rest of the band as little comic book characters. I can't believe it's that same girl. I'd better not mess this up...

I open the door for the goddess and hold out my elbow. She let's out the most adorable giggle I've ever heard and puts her hand through my arm as we walk into the restaurant.

"Reservation?" The host asks without looking up from his list

"Urie," I respond. I tried really hard to choose something between fancy and casual. Its the kind of restaurant with chandeliers and round booths but everyone seems to be dressed similar to us so I think that's a good indication that I did alright. He looks up from his list and smiles.

"Right this way, sir," he says as he grabs two menus and takes us to a table in the corner of the restaurant. I'm glad they listened when I asked for something secluded. We both scoot in and I'm a little disappointed when she stops more towards the end of the semicircle than the center. I do the same so as not to make a fool of myself. I thank the host and he heads off.

"Have you been here before?" She asks me. This is the first she's spoken since I accidentally embarrassed her and I'm afraid I've ruined the date already.

"I've been here once a really long time ago. What's your favorite food?" The night is crashing and burning, did I really just ask her her favorite food? I'm surprised when she smiles.

"I love Italian food. Anything Italian food. Canolis, lasagna, gnocchi, everything." She's passionate when she talks and I can tell that she's biting her lip because she's nervous. You nailed it mother fucker my subconscious tells me. This place is known for their Italian.

"What about you?" She interrupts my thoughts.

"What?" I'm sorry Asteria, I wasn't listening. I was watching you.

"What's your favorite food?" She giggles.

"Everything," I laugh. I have no actual answer for her. Or maybe I just forgot it while I was watching her. I remember my pancakes and decide to go with that. That's the last time i remember thinking of something as my favorite food. "I really like pancakes. With chocolate syrup and whipped cream."

Why does that answer sound so stupid in my head? Why are her eyes lighting up?

"With strawberries?!" She asks excitedly.

"Yeah! The warm ones that are all syrupy!"

"That's my favorite breakfast!" We both laugh and our server comes to the table.

"Hey guys, how we doing toni-" he cuts himself off and at first I think it's because he recognizes me. But when I look up it's because he's looking at her. Find your own goddess. She blankly looks at him and then back at me and it's obvious that she has no idea how gorgeous she is.

"We're doing great thanks," I say a little more aggressively than I had wanted. She raises an eyebrow at me, confused.

"R-right, uh, what can we start you off with? Can I get you guys anything to drink?" You can get yourself something to drink you thirsty-

"I'll have a glass of your rosé please," she says in the sweetest voice I've ever heard.

"May I see your id please?" She nods and pulls her wallet from her purse. I can't help but smile at the avengers logo while Mr. Thinkshe'llstealyogirl checks her ID. "Thank you. And for you sir?"

"A glass of your pinot noir, please." He nods and let's us know he'll be back to take our order.

"Did you used to know him?" She asks.

"No?" I ask her back, puzzled.

"Sorry you guys just. You seemed like you knew each other. Or like you have some kind of beef."

"Beef?" I laugh. She has no idea. "No there's nothing. Do you know what you're going to eat?"

"Yes!" She says excitedly. I can't help but pat myself on the back over the italian food thing. "Eggplant parmesian!"

God she's cute.

"Sounds good," I laugh. Mr. Thinkshe'llstealyogirl is back and takes our order and we order stuffed mushroom caps as well.

While we wait we drink wine, maybe a little more than we should have. She's giggling and when she does it she scrunches her nose in the cutest way imaginable. She tells me about how much she hated her business classes and how much better she felt when she took her first art class. How she left home in California at nineteen because she was finally able to take out a student loan and go to a dream school in New York. The whole time I'm listening and I'm watching and she talks with her hands and her eyes light up and darken and like the night sky the stars are in her eyes. But my trance is interrupted by one sentence.

"I'm just really lucky that my best friend stuck with me along the way. He even moved out here to come to school with me."

I know she's talking about David. But I cant act like I know so I just raise my eye brows and nod. She swallows hard and suddenly looks incredibly nervous...she even pales...what is it? What in the world could she have to tell me about David? What would make her so nervous and afraid?