I'm On My Way

Asteria:

I try not to show that I'm falling apart as I struggle to get used to just using this artists software. Nothing is coming back to me like I'd hoped and everything is foreign. I even got switched to logos for the time being because I couldn't work it! I look up video tutorials and struggle. How did I ever get the hang of this? What if I never remember?

I'm relieved to see that my work day only has one hour left and I decide to pretend to take a restroom break just for the sake of my sanity. I adjust my black pencil skirt and try to balance in my studded stillettos. I check my phone and see three new texts, two from Brendon and one from Davey. I check Brendon's first.

Hey beautiful! How's your day going?

It'll be okay. I know it's probably really rough but I know you'll get the hang of it. Hang in there. I'll be there to pick you up for school before you know it.

I smile at the thoughtful messages and reply.

It's rough. Glad it's almost over. Miss you.

I check the text from Davey and laugh at the difference between the two.

Hey, you might be sucking but remember, it's not the only thing you suck at. I mean you're great at sucking at things though, so that's an achievement.

I decide not to respond to that one and look at myself in the mirror for a while. My wine colored blouse and black blazer get splattered with water and I roll my eyes. I'm so done with today and I have class after this. I have to remember to thank Davey for advising me to take a change of clothes and shoes. When I go back to my desk I'm surprised to see and envelope with my name on it. Next to it is a warm cup of coffee from Starbucks. I take a sip and I'm incredibly please to find that it's my favorite drink. I carefully tear open the envelope to see who it is that left me with this act of kindness.

Thought you could use a little something to get through the day. Keep your head up! You've only got an hour left.

Brendon.

My day is made. He must have dropped it off as soon as I got up from my desk. I can't stop grinning despite my frustration with logo creations and the caffiene has an effect on how quickly I start picking up on things. I'm able to actually finish my assignments and submit them right before I'm finished. I happily and quickly pack up my things and head to the restroom to change, but on the way I run into a very sullen man that's about a foot taller than I am.

"Asteria, I needed to speak with you for a second."

"Oh! Uh, sure!" I say awkwardly, hoping he reintroduces himself. I follow him into his office and have a seat. As soon as I sit I can't help but jolt. The last time I was in here I was told I'd be working with Panic! At The Disco. The last time I was in here was the most important day of my life. And I remember.

"How are you feeling?" he asks me.

"You know what...I'm not too bad...My memory is coming back in pieces...You're Brian, right?" I ask him and he nods.

"That's really good to hear. I had a question for you."

"Okay, go for it!"

"Well, you're usually my representative for a lot of things. In about a month there's going to be an annual party that Fueled By Ramen throws. Usually I have Elaine from media and marketing take care of things like this but she refuses to take care of it this year and you have a very strong working knowledge of the artists on this label and I think you'd be great for it. You'd be interviewing them briefly and making sure to let them know about how much the company appreciates them. You'll also be hosting a raffle and one of the games. Does that sound alright? I'm asking you a month in advance because you're the first person that I thought would be able to do it but also because if your memory isn't back soon I can't send you out there. Four years is a lot of time to be behind. I have a lot of faith in you, so I'm sure you can do it. But I thought I'd ask. What do you say?" He watches me hesitantly and I'm sure I look as terrified as I'm feeling.

"Y-yeah. I mean yes. Yes I can definitely do that. Definitely." He gives me a slight smile.

"Let's hope for the best then. Good job today. Thanks for coming back." I shake his hand before leaving and thank him for the opportunity before rushing to the bathroom to change into an old Iron Maiden tee and some navy skinny jeans. I can feel my feet thanking me when I switch from stilettos to boots. If I remember what I need to, I'll get to meet a ton of my favorite artists. I hope I can do it...