I'm Wrecking This Evening Already

Asteria:

I can't believe I fell asleep on my date with Brendon Urie. It's bad enough I ruined it! This is my chance to make up for it. I have to regain this night. I have to make sure that he doesn't think I'm a complete and total snore after all of this. He's never going to want to go on a date again with the girl that FUCKING FELL ASLEEP DURING THEIR FIRST DATE. Asteria, you're usually full of disappointments but this one takes the fucking ca-

"What the hell are you thinking about?" He waves his hand in front of me as we walk down the street to the nearest open ice cream parlor.

"I- uh-" oh God, now I'm a bumbling idiot. He grabs my hands in his and I just realize how much bigger his hands are, they completely envelop mine.

"Asteria, are you nervous? Tell me what's on your mind." His eyes are pleading and I'm starting to think he might be half as nervous as I am. I take a deep breathe before speaking.

"I'm just...really sorry that I ruined our date. I mean first with the phone call and then those girls...and then I fell asleep and that's the most embarrassi-" my mumbled sentence is cut off by the feeling I craved the entire night; his lips touching mine.

He brings both hands to my jawline and deepens the kiss, which I welcome hungrily. My breathing intensifies and his hands move to the base of my neck and around my waist, all the while his lips are moving with mine. He pulls away and my eyelids are heavy.

"This has been the weirdest, most eventful, and ridiculous date I have ever been on," he laughs. "I've been sitting here trying to impress you and worried that I'll say the wrong thing and you've been amazing. You saved me from my panic attack with those-what did you call them? Assholes? And this isn't want I planned for the night but it's only midnight and I don't have anywhere to be in the morning."

"Why on earth would you feel the need to impress me," I laugh and roll my eyes. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

"Look at you, Asteria."

I lean in to kiss him again, but were interrupted.

"Excuse me miss, I'm real sorry to bother ya but aren't you Clarence's friend?" A tattered and older homeless man asks.

"Yes, I am." Brendon is suddenly pushing me behind him, an unnecessary protective act that I can't say I don't enjoy.

"I really don't want ta bother ya but I was wondering if you had any food at all?" He's embarrassed and he's trying not to make eye contact. My heart suddenly aches and I start to go through my purse. I find a snack bar and five dollars.

"I don't have much, but here's a cereal bar and a little bit of money to help you find a hot meal tonight," I say handing him the items I discovered in my purse. He's hesitant to take it but I take his hand and place it there. "You take care of yourself, it's dangerous out here."

"Thank you, thank you so much." He's on the verge of tears. I smile and give him a small hug, not knowing how else to help but wanting to do so much more.

"Fifty sixth and Elmer is a safe area to stay." He gives me a nod and one last thank you before leaving. When I look over at Brendon he looks at me as though he's just figured something out about me.

"Do you always do that?" He asks gently as he takes my hand and we continue walking.

"Do what?"

"Give homeless people money."

"Well...yeah. I mean I usually try to give them food more than anything but when I don't have much I give them a little." He looks at me with slight disbelief.

"About how many times a day would you say you do that?"

"Maybe twice. Depends on the day and who I see." He's gawking at me.

"Why?" He asks. Not in a rude way but in a way that says that he isn't used to seeing acts of kindness. We step into the ice cream parlor.

"Because they need it." That's all I can think to say before I order my raspberry ice cream on a chocolate cone. Brendon smiles and orders the same.

"That's pretty lovely, Asteria." He licks his ice cream thoughtfully and I do the same.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask him. He looks at me quickly and a large grin is plastered on his face.