Dear Studio Audience I've An Announcement To Make

Brendon:

He drops the news like it doesn't matter. I didn't even get the chance to talk to her about it. I wanted to do that tonight. What the hell? She looks at me confused, scared, and upset and I need to think of something fast. I might as well. Tell her what I wanted to say right now.

"Well, we're going to make it happen. I'm in this with her. I like to think that I've shown that. She's really special and important to me and she's not something I'm planning on letting go." I grab her hand and choose to save the rest for a more private time. This interview really took a turn for the worst.

"Will this bring up tears during any live performances on Northern Downpour?" Are you fucking kidding me? My stomach sinks.

"We're really excited about Asteria and Brendon as well, but we'd really prefer it if you asked us about our new music," Dallon says aggressively and I hope he can hear the thank you that I'm internally screaming at him.

"Oh of course!" He looks embarrassed and he should be. "We'll be back to discuss this as soon as we're done with our commercial break, stick around guys!"

I give him a glare before leaning over to Asteria.

"I was going to tell you tonight," I whisper to her. I grab her hand and she still seems upset. "Please trust me when I say that. I'll tell you more about it later. I promise. I l-"

I cut myself off and pull away. What are you doing, Brendon? I love you? Is that really what you were going to say? What the fuck is wrong with you?!

Dallon looks at me and smirks and Kenneth and Danny make heart hands at us.

"Oh cute, what is it, 2004?" I ask them snidely. They laugh and were back to the interview. I kiss her cheek and allow her to return to the booth with the sound engineer so we can avoid any other awkward questions. We answer a few more things about the upcoming tour and album. Then it's time for our acoustic set that I wanted to surprise Asteria with. She's beaming through the glass and I go to get her before we get set up to perform.

"Oh my God! You didn't tell me you were doing an acoustic set!" She says excitedly as she hops up and down.

"Actually, we're doing an acoustic set," I tell her as I motion between us. Her jaw drops and she looks terrified. This isn't exactly the reaction I was expecting. She knows she can sing doesn't she?

"What do you mean we?" She shakes.

"Well, I wanted you to sing Lolo's part of Miss Jackson. Is that okay?" She looks hesitant.

"Come on, please!" Kenneth asks. "If you don't I have to and it's weird when I do it or there's a sound bite!"

She gives him a sympathetic smile and a shrug and the guys cheer but I can tell she's nervous.

"You're a great singer, Asteria. Don't worry. You're gonna do fine." I kiss her slowly and hear a camera shutter. This radio station is getting a huge ass kicking. She glares and takes a deep breath before sitting next to me. I can tell she's nervous by the 'on air' sign that's illuminating the room and the photographer snapping photos as we set up. I show her a few vocal warm ups that she doesn't need and Danny counts us off.

"Climbing out the back door, didn't leave a mark. No one knows it's you Miss Jackson," she hums into the mic and it's the loveliest sound. Her eyes are closed to help with her nerves and she continues. "Found another victim but no one's gonna find Miss Jackson, Jackson, Jackson."

The song picks up and she builds confidence as she even joins us in our "heys" and choruses. She does amazing, she really does.

"That was Panic! At The Disco live in our studio featuring Brendon's new main squeeze!" The radio host announces and I roll my eyes.

Asteria goes to sit at the console table while we finish off our other two songs and she looks like she's having the time of her life, boosting my confidence. When it's done the radio host apologizes and we say our goodbyes.

"You did great!" The guys tell her and they're each complimenting her on her voice. Dallon even has the nerve to say "you should join the band". She shakes her head and thanks them but assures them she's "not that talented" but had fun. This girl has no idea how incredible she is. And she's mine.

"Date time?" She says as she comes up to me and grabs my hands.

"Date time," I laugh and I kiss her nose.

"That would have been such a good vine," Dallon announces and I roll my eyes.

"Keep your attitude to yourself, I don't have time for it. I've got a hot date." I grab Asteria by the waste and we both wave goodbye.

"Hang on, can we walk a little slower?" She asks shyly.

"Sure, is everything okay?"

"My side is just hurting," she says. I just noticed how heavily she's breathing.

"I didn't even think about that before having you sing Asteria! I'm so sorry!" I grab her face in my hands and look to see if her eyes are bloodshot. The doctor said if that ever happens to take her in right away but she seems okay.

"No, no! It's okay! I just need some medicine and to slow down a little!"

I'm glad tonight's date is very low in the activity field. I should have remembered her ribs. I'm an idiot. And the stress from the tour probably isn't helping. I pick her up and carry her to the car.

"You're starting to enjoy this being carried around thing a little too much," I tell her with a laugh when she lays her head on my chest and smiles.

"It's not too bad," she says as I place her in the passenger seat.

"You need me to buckle you?" I ask.

"I've got it." When I start to walk away she grabs my hand and pulls me in by the shirt collar. She kisses me gently and her lips are cold against mine from the fall air. My head spins and I go week in the knees. I haven't felt like this in a long time. She pulls away and we're both breathing heavily.

"What happened to taking it easy?" I ask and she bites her lip.

"Let's go. I'm excited for our new first date."