I'm a Stray Dog Sick, Please Take Me Back

Brendon:

She shakes her head and I squeeze her legs even tighter. I feel like a child throwing a tantrum but she can't leave...She's it. There's no hope with anyone else and I know that because this is the only girl on this planet that has the slightest chance at being forgiving after all of this.

"Please, Asteria," I beg, and I mean truly beg. I've never done this before and I don't know what else to do. I feel pathetic. I hate myself. But I need her to stay.

"Brendon, please let go of me," she says. I don't want her to cry but I can't let her leave. I let go of her legs and grab her hands. "Brendon, stop."

Her voice is firm now, she's slowing her tears and she's containing herself. She'll be fine without me. But I won't be...

"You need to get up." I'm shaking and I'm not sure if it's out of fear or from my sobs but I let her help me to my feet and I throw my arms around her. "No."

She pushes me back and makes sure that I'm not holding on to any part of her. I fight to grab anything; her shoulders, her arms, her waist, her hands, but each attempt is met with rejection.

"Stop!" she yells and I hold my head in my hands, fighting the urge to return to the ground. "Stay on your feet and look at me."

She looks pissed off. I mean I've seen her angry before but she looks downright pissed.

"How do you feel about what you did?" she asks. I stare at her, dumbfounded. I expected an answer, not a question but I'm too terrified to say anything with the way that she glares at me.

"I hate myself for what I did, Asteria," I answer honestly through sobs.

"Did you feel that way before or after you met me? I need you to be honest with yourself."

"Before," I choke out and I mean it.

"And how do you feel right now?"

"Asteria, please don't-"

"Answer me."

"I still hate myself."

"What are you planning to do with me?" She holds her gaze and I submit to the goddess's fury.

"I don't know. Not what I did to them."

"You need to show me that. Don't lie and say that you love me. That doesn't show me that." She's starting to lose herself. Her eyes tear up again and it makes me break all over again.

"Asteria-"

"Don't try to say it again. If you're going to say that to me you're going to mean it and you're going to do it right."

It's only now that I realize how strong she is. I saw her as a small and delicate woman but with the way that she's talking to me and the way that she looks at me I see how wrong I was. I nod and she let's out a long sigh.

"Brendon Urie, if you make me regret this I'll make sure you don't forget. Do you understand me?"

My heart leaps as I realize exactly what this means. I don't deserve this third chance but I'm so grateful for it.

"Asteria, thank you," I cry and I grab her. At first she stays motionless and then slowly wraps her arms around me as well. I kiss the top of her head and the cold jewelry sends goosebumps across my skin.

"Your costume is fitting," she mumbles and I cry harder. She let's out a small laugh and her phone rings.

"I don't know this number," she says as she furrows her brow. She picks up.

"Hi, is this Asteria Vayne?" I hear the voice ask.

"Yes, this is she."

"Hi, this is Pete." She tightens her entire body.

"I'm sorry?" She asks in a high pitched voice. I hear the mother fucker laugh. He's ruining my moment.

"This is Pete Wentz," he laughs harder and she makes odd squeaking noises, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry but we need to set up for the after party and that's something that you and I are hosting together. We also need your boyfriend to come back to perform."

She stays speechless for a moment before answering.

"I-yes sir! I'll be right there! I'm sorry for the inconvenience I-"

"We'll talk when you get here," he says happily. He'd better not yell at her.

"We have to go!" She screams and grabs my hand and starts running.

"Asteria! You're going to kill me!" I gasp once we reach the front doors. He's standing outside with a huge grin on his face.

"Whoa, you look like shit," he laughs. "You on the other hand."

He holds out a hand to Asteria and when she goes to shake it he pulls her in for a tight hug.

"Your eyes look a little puffy but you're fine. What did this dumb ass do to you? Should we kick him out of the Uma Thurman video?" He laughs. She's completely starstruck and we both can't help but laugh at her.

"You're going to have to talk to him eventually. You guys have to announce the after party together," I tell her with a small nudge.

"H-hi," is all she manages and we both laugh at the adorable little goddess.

"That's a start! Let's head inside, people are getting antsy."

(Not a panic lyric but fitting all the same right??? C: how do you guys feel about it the Pete guest appearance?)