Chapter 1

Tris POV

I wake up, I'm all alone in this room. I try to remember what just happened, but all I can remember is being in my mother arms and everything went back. I can still feel her embrace, her face were so clear to me. I sit up straight but then pain shoots through my body so I lay back down. I'm in new clothes, I lift up my shirt and see I have bandages around my sides. I can't tell how many wounds I have but I knew it must have been bad. Tobias. His face pops in my head. I have to see him, I have to tell him I'm okay.

"TOBIAS!!!!!!! TOBIAS!!!! WHERE ARE YOU????" I yell as I slowly get up. I don't see a door anywhere but I see a camera in the corner. I lean against the table because the whole room feels like its spinning. I run and throw myself against the wall, trying to find a way out of here. "TOBIAS!!!! I'M HERE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU TOBIAS???" The room starts spinning again but I don't care, I have to find him. I just have to. I keep yelling his name, then all of a sudden a man is in the room with me. Amar.

I lean against the wall, trying not to lose balance. "Amar? Where is he? I need to see Tobias."

He shakes his head, "Tris.... I can't let you see Four."

I grip the wall harder, "What? Why can't I see him? I need to see him... please. I need to see Tobias."

Amar grabs me and sits me back on the table, "Tris... everyone thinks you're dead."

My eyes get all big, "What? I can't be dead... I'm here with you. Why do they think I'm dead? Let me go and tell Tobias I'm okay, he needs to know."

He sighs, "Tris, the Bureau wants to you here because you're the strongest Divergent we've seen so far. We believe you'll be a good addition to our team."

I try to get up, "NO, I don't want to be apart of your team. I want to be with Tobias, with my friends, my brother. I need to be with them. Let me go... he needs to know I'm alive."

Amar looks down, "I don't want to do this... I really don't Tris. I hate to do this to Four too. I really do like you guys, but I have orders I have to follow. I know you might not like this now, but just wait it out. It's going to be hard at first, but maybe you might learn to accept it."

I scream Tobias's name and lunge at Amar. I know I'm weak because of my wounds but I have to try. I have to try for Tobias. "TOBIAS I'M HERE!!!!! I'M RIGHT HERE!!!!" I don't see it but I feel a needle go into my arm. Everything starts going black immediately, I fall to the ground. I hear Amar, "This is the same stuff Peter gave to you when you were at Erudite. It's going to make you paralyzed for a few hours while we show everyone your body. Don't worry, you're going to be safe." As things get darker I keep trying to yell, "Tobias...... I'm here... I'm..... right....." I try to keep my eyes open. I whisper, "I love you Tobias...." Everything goes black, the last thing I see in my mind is Tobias's face.