Chapter 47

Tris POV

I watch everyone come to Tobias and check him out. He's more relaxed after Johanna slipped him some peace serum. They ruled this as a whole big misunderstanding but he was warned not to go back to the Chasm. I look behind me and see Amar, Bruno and Elena behind me. Tobias and I sit there until everyone leaves. We look at each other for a few minutes, I feel my heart start racing again. It's like the last time I came to visit him, how do you tell someone that you actually aren't dead?

Tobias POV

Tris is alive? I shake my head, no... Tris died a year and a half ago. I saw her body, her lifeless body. How is she right in front of me though? How is she sitting 5 feet away from me? I can't help but stare at her, she's so beautiful and lifelike. I don't know whether I actually jumped into the chasm and this is the afterlife or if maybe I'm in my fear landscape and Tris is about to die in front of me again.

Behind her is Amar and two other people, I feel like maybe I've seen them before but I'm not sure. I meet a lot of people at my job. I shake my head, I don't know what to believe right now. Tris suddenly grabs my hand, I close my eyes because everything feel so real.

"Tobias... I know right now everything is confusing... but I'm really here... I'm alive."

I open my eyes, she said alive again. I can see it in her eyes that she's telling the truth, but my mind still can't believe it. I know she's dead. Maybe I just went crazy... oh god I hope I didn't go crazy. I squeeze her hand, "I love you Tris, I know I didn't tell you often but I love you." I get up and pull her into my arms, this is usually when the gunshots go off. I wait for it, there's never a way to prepare for it but I wait to hear them. I look over at Amar and the two people, they must be the ones to take her away.

Tris pulls back and looks at me, "Tobias, what's the matter?"

I shake my head, "This is the part of the fear landscape where you get shot and they take you away from me.... No matter what I do it always happens like that.... You're my biggest fear."

She touches my cheek, "I'm not going anywhere.... This is real."

I look down, "You said that before, in my dreams... in my fear landscapes... but it is never real. Just like this isn't."

She makes me look at her, "I swear on everything this is real.... I'll show you." She walks over to Amar who hands her a bag, she gets out some rectangle item and walks back to me. She switches it on and it lights up, "It's called a cell phone, they have them in the Bureau." I nod, Johanna was telling me one day about them and how we'll probably get them soon. She's going through something and then she shows me something. It's a video of me, I tilt my head, what is this? I watch the video and it's us together, dancing to a song. I look and it's in my apartment, I can see my kitchen in the background.

"Tobias I found this video of us in my phone the last time I came to visit you..."

I look at her, "You came to visit me? I knew you weren't dead?"

She shakes her head, "No, I gave you a memory serum so you would not remember that I was alive. The other times I came to visit you, you were really groggy or drunk so you thought it was a dream." Right as I'm about to sit down on the ground I see Caleb and Christina running to Tris. She hugs both of them and they all start crying. In the moment it strikes me that Tris is real, they are all talking but I remain frozen. Tris is alive.

A/N; Happy New Years Eve guys! Hope you're year was fantastic and here's to an AMAZING 2016!

<4