Chapter 22

Tris POV

3 Months Later.

    Things are still hard for me but I feel like I'm getting better at all of this. Amar hasn't let me visit Tobias since the whole chasm incident, saying that I've been taking too big of risks for the Bureau to handle. Though he let me see Tobias from a distance, it felt good to see him living his life. I know he still struggles like me but maybe with time it will get easier for him as well.

     I've been really busy with the Bureau, they have me in charge of the Genetically Pure Division. They run tests on me to see if I can overcome them and then I work with other Genetically Pure people. There's a lot of paperwork and data with the job, a lot busier than I expected. Then when I'm not working with the GP's I'm working with the newly elected government to fight for equality for the GD's. Bruno, Elena and I are all in the same group to work for equality.

     Matthew still works with serums so I get to see him quite often. We talk sometimes about how I don't deserve any of this and that I should be home, but I try not talk about it too often. I don't want to be viewed on as weak or useless, I decided that I need to be useful and busy. Though it doesn't work at night because that's when I have time to think about it all. I still watch everyone on the screens a lot, I'm trying to cut down on it but I guess I'm not ready for it.

     I'm going over some data for the GP's when Amar approaches me. Amar and I have a better relationship than before, we've been able to talk and relate on certain things. He's one of the people who can understand what I'm going through because it has happened to him. I believe that even if we weren't forced to work together, that we would still be friends because he's really a good person deep down. He says he has an opportunity for me that I don't want to pass up.

Tobias POV

     Each day is a new challenge. I try to take Johanna's advice and try to make the best out of all situations. I'm able to sleep and eat more often, but most days I feel like I have to force myself. I hate feeling like this, I know I need to be stronger but you can only fake it for so long. I try to think about what Tris would want me to do, but I can barely think about her without wanting to break down. I didn't know she meant this much to me, I knew she had an impact on me but I never imagined it would be this huge.

    Working alongside with Johanna hasn't been that bad though, she keeps me really busy throughout the day. The new way of life is going smoother than expected. Even though there are some that are still trying to get used to it, most of them have found new lives within the city. Every now and then I'll see people still wear the colors of their old factions, there's no law against it but since there are no factions it's useless to wear them.

    I slide my card and type in my pin '4646' and I officially clock out of work. My back and feet are sore, today I was running around most of the day getting papers signed from all of the officials. They want to pass some type of legislation about some decision making so I had to go pitch the idea to a lot of officials and get their signatures for it. The trains are still running but they gave the government officials and their assistants cars so I learned how to drive. I just want to get home and lay in my bed cause I know tomorrow is just going to be as busy as it was today. I'm kind of thankful for days like this because I know I'll be too tired to think of anything.

    I quickly drive home, thinking of my bed as I park my car and race up the stairs, taking two at a time. I unlock my door and go into my apartment, taking my shoes off so I don't bring dirt into my apartment. I'm about to sit down to read the paper when I notice that my bedroom door is slightly opened. I know for a fact that I shut all my doors this morning so I quietly get up and quickly go over and grab the gun I keep under the couch. I undo the safety and start making my way to the room, I stand outside it trying to listen in. I don't hear nothing so I can't estimate where the intruder is, I'll have to go about this blindly. I quickly kick the door and aim at the first time I see, my hand and mind freeze within a second. Tris turns around, "Tobias.... We need to talk."

A/N; SURPRISE UPDATE!!!!!!! Again dedicated to @fandom4546 just because it makes me happy to see that someone really does enjoy my stories! On another side note I'm also trying to figure out which days to update because now I'll be updating twice a week because I love all my stories so much!
If you haven't check out the other stories and let me know how you like them! Feedback is ALWAYS appreciated!

<4