Chapter 8

Tris POV

A Few Days Later.

    Tonight is the last night they are staying in the Bureau. Tonight is going to be a harder night for me because even though I just watch them all on the cameras, tonight is the last night they will be close to me. I guess in Chicago it's going to be like a 'regular city' and they will all find jobs and live their lives. There won't be a faction system anymore. Which is somewhat bittersweet because it was nice to belong to something. Johanna is going to be the head leader, which is good because she just wants what's best for everyone so there won't be any corruption.

I sit and watch everyone on the cameras, they are all having a big dinner together. Amar said he'll bring me some of the food they are having later, to make me 'feel apart of the experience'. It doesn't really help because I'm not apart of the experience, he's just reminding me of everything I'm missing out on. I made a few friends down here, they help pass the time when I'm all alone. They try to cheer me up when I'm down, even though it doesn't always work it's the thought that counts. I try to compare with everyone else, some of them remind me of the Candor, some are smart like the Erudite, and so on.

      The dinner is going decent, they are having conversations but I can tell that some of them are not into it and just want to leave. I look at Tobias, he's slouching in his chair just staring at his food. He's like a robot, eating his food slowly just because he knows he's being watched by others. Caleb sits all the way on the other side with Matthew, looking around as if he needs to escape. Christina is trying to make conversation with everyone, talking about how exciting going back to Chicago is going to be. I watch everyone and how they act, then I see Amar by the drink bowl and I see him pour something into it. I sit up in shock what is he doing?

      He already has a drink in his hand, one that isn't with the stuff he poured in the drink. He opens a flask and pours it into the drink. He smiles and walks over to Tobias, I turn on the volume and try to listen in.

      "Here Four, drink this it will make you feel better."

      Tobias shakes his head, he opens his mouth as if he's about to speak but he closes it and shakes his head again.

      Amar sits next to him and nudges his shoulder, "Have I ever done anything for you to not trust me?" He smiles and laughs, "Actually don't answer that, just trust me Four."

      Tobias sighs and takes the drink and starts drinking it. He doesn't make a face or anything so I assume he doesn't taste what Amar put in the drink. He leans in close to Tobias and whispers something in his ear, it must be something important because Tobias sits up straight and looks at Amar funny. A few minutes after that Tobias goes back to slouching in his chair. Amar fills up cups from the drink bowl and starts passing them out to everyone but Tobias, telling them to drink up. Everyone obviously does, I don't know what Amar is doing but I'm getting more and more worried.  

      I watch everyone for a little while then I must have drifted off to sleep because all of a sudden Amar is shaking me telling me to hurry and wake up.