Chapter 29

Tris POV

    I climb up the Ferris Wheel, one ring at a time. I don't want to go too fast, I know when we get up there Tobias is going to want to talk about why I've been acting so weird lately. Why I won't see anyone and want to stay hidden. Maybe I should have waited until later tonight to bring him up here and talk to him about this, I know once I tell him it's going to break everything. I look back at him and see how nervous he is, he's really tense and I see his knuckles are turning white. He tries to smile back but I can tell he just wants to get up to the platform. "I love you" I say, I know he always relaxes when we're together.

Tobias POV

    Finally we make it to the platform, it wasn't as bad as the first time but we're still high up. She sits down and scoots over so I have enough room to get on with her. I scoot as far back as I can, I don't want to look down right now. She takes off a backpack and pulls out a blanket to cover us, I didn't even notice she brought a backpack with her.

    She grabs my hand, "Tobias... Relax."

    I didn't notice but I started breathing really heavy. She holds my hand and I can feel her other hand going up and down my back. She kisses my cheek and I remember to breathe. The more I focus on her the easier it starts to get, I remember when we went through my fear landscape together. How she made things a lot easier, that I didn't have to be so scared of my fears. It takes a few more moments for me to relax but I manage to.

    She cuddles up right next to me and I just hold her close, yeah I want to get to the bottom of everything but I love the moments like this. Moments of peace. We sit there looking at the view, deep down I actually missed this. I missed being with her, being Dauntless. The rush I used to get, doing things I never could have dreamed of. I believe if none of this stuff happened and the factions were still around, that we would still be here together.

    She looks up at me, "What are you thinking about?"

    I smile down at her, "Just thinking about no matter what happened that we would still be together."

    She leans up and kisses me, "So even if we didn't face death and fight bad people we would still be together."

    I hold her hand and squeeze it, "I believe we would be together even if we both stayed in Abnegation."

    "If we stayed at Abnegation....." Her voice trails off. I wonder if she had ever thought about a life in there. She must have because she probably didn't want to leave her parents. I shudder at the thought. If I would have stayed with Marcus.....

    She notices because I see a concerned look on her face. Before she can ask anything I say, "So speaking of Abnegation, why can't you go see your brother?"

Tris POV

  "So speaking of Abnegation, why can't you go see your brother?" he says quickly, he must have known I was going to ask what was bothering him. I feel my heart race, I'm not ready for this. I can't tell him. I just can't. I look the other way, I can feel my hands getting sweaty.

    Tobias makes me look at him, "What's the matter Tris... talk to me now, you're really scaring me now..."

    I can feel myself start to cry, I know I need to be strong but I just can't. I look at him, "Tobias......." I look down, I can't look at him... but he deserves a straight answer. I look in his eyes, "Tobias.... I'm going back to the Bureau."

A/N; CLIFFHANGER!!!!!! What do you think will happen now!!!
I'm uploading a day early because I'm going out of town and won't be back till Sunday! I don't know if the hotel I'm staying at has free wifi so I rather be safe than sorry!

<4