Chapter 28

Tobias POV

    I'm really worried about Tris. She seems so much better since she came back but I can tell something is bugging her. She doesn't want to talk about the serious stuff, which is not like her to avoid something. Why wouldn't she want to go see Caleb? Is she still mad at him for everything he has done to her? I don't want to bring it up but I know she has to talk about it sooner or later.

We take my car to the Ferris Wheel, she's wearing one of my hoodies and has the hood up. I don't think she wants to be seen yet, maybe she just wants more time with me. I don't want to ask why she's being so secretive, not yet at least. I hate knowing deep down that there's a secret between us, we did promise we wouldn't hide anything from each other. Possibly it could be from her just being tired from all the Bureau has put her through.

I look over and see her taking a picture of me, I can't help but smile at her. She's always looking to make the mood positive. Always smiling and cracking a joke. We both can be happy people, even though in the past we were both serious, now that everything is back to normal we can actually joke around and be ourselves. Who would have thought, two Abnegation people actually having a great time. I laugh to myself as I think about how we broke the stereotypes.

It takes a little longer to get down to the Ferris Wheel, I had to take a lot of side streets since Tris didn't want to take any of the main roads. We park as close as we can to it then we have to walk some, they haven't made any roads yet so I don't want to chance the tires. Once we get out the car Tris takes the hoodie off, we're both wearing black. It actually wasn't intentional, maybe just for us to feel like we're still in Dauntless. I can't take my eyes off of her, she's so beautiful. This is the time when I wish I also had a camera so I can take pictures of her to capture the moment.

We walk hand in hand towards the Ferris Wheel, I can't help but look around and remember the night when we played Capture-The-Flag. Tris, even though a stiff, was the smartest one in the group. She came up with the game plan that in the end won us the game. I remember how mad Eric was, I laugh at the memory. Tris takes notice because she asks me what I'm thinking, we start talking about that night.

When we get to it I look up, I can feel my throat getting tight. I still don't like heights, I haven't been in my fear landscape since... I can't even remember the last time I was in it. Though I don't need to go through a fear landscape to know that I'm still scared by heights.

Tris grabs my hand, "It's going to be okay."

As she talks I can't help but feel relaxed, if I trust anyone it's her. I know everything will be fine.

I kiss her and she squeezes my hand, "Besides you're the legendary Four, thought you weren't scared of anything." She laughs as she walks towards it and starts climbing up.

"Are you even human Tris?" I laugh as I follow her lead.