Chapter 32

Tris POV

    After a few hours we lay there both out of breath. I look over at him and can't help but fall in love with him all over again. He's a strong person, after all that he's been through he's still such a caring and genuinely good person. I know I should be falling more in love with him because I'm leaving him, but I just can't help it anymore. He looks over me and kisses me again. I rest my head on his chest and imagine that this is our normal life. That today doesn't have to end and tomorrow we'll both wake up and get ready for our jobs only to come back to each other when the day is over. I quickly fall asleep in his arms.

Tobias POV

    If there was something I could do to keep her here I would. I would do it in a heartbeat. I can't go to anyone because everyone believes she's dead. I can't go to the Bureau because they want to keep her there and for me to live my regular life. I can't stop time because I don't possess any magical powers. She fell asleep in my arms, which I think is crazy because how can you fall asleep all the way up here. It's super dangerous but I think she thinks it's all safe because the platform is bigger so it can support the both of us. So I slowly begin to drift off too, I try to keep awake but having her next to me relaxes me so much. I hold her as tight as possible and go to sleep.

A Few Hours Later.

    I wake up again and I see still Tris sleeping. The sun has moved so it is later in the day, I look at my watch and see that it's about 5 o'clock. I hate how fast the time is going but I know I don't want to waste any more of it. I hold her in my arms and look out at the view, it's much better at night or when the sun is going down. Sadly we don't have the luxury of staying that long. Or maybe if she wants to spend the rest of the time up here, but the sooner I get to the ground the better. She starts to wake up and I attack her with kisses, she doesn't expect it because she starts laughing and goes with it. She looks so beautiful when she wakes up.

Tris POV

    I'm going to miss this. I'm going to miss all of this. I look out into the scenery, all of the buildings are now different colors since we don't live in separate sections anymore. It's all so beautiful to me, I pull out my phone and take a picture of it. Tobias grabs my phone and switches the camera to look the other way and takes a picture of us. God his smile is so perfect, he is so perfect. I don't know how I'm going to leave him tonight, Amar is probably going to have to come and drag me out.

    I hear his stomach growl, the thought of cooking for him again makes me happy. Even though I don't want to leave our spot, I know he hates being up here.

    "Ready to go?" I laugh as I poke his stomach

    He laughs back and grabs my hand, "I was ready since the second my foot left the ground."

    We both get up, he gets up slowly trying to ignore how high we are. I get the blanket and put it back in the bag, I'm glad I brought it because it really did have good use. I'm about to start climbing down when Tobias grabs my hand and pulls me back to him. Usually he's tense when he's standing up but for some reason he seems relaxed.

    "Tris..." he starts

    "It's going to be okay, we'll be back on the ground before you know it."

    He shakes his head, "I'm not talking about that... Tomorrow I'm going to forget about all of this, I'm not going to know you're alive and I'm going to go back to my regular life without you." I feel my throat start to tighten, if he was going to remind me on how we were going to be separated then it probably could have waited till we got back to his apartment. "So with that being said, I want to make the most out of today."

    He slowly gets down on one knee, "Tris, I love you. I knew I loved you from the second I saw you, the second our eyes met I knew there was something special about you. With everything we've been through, I know that we're always going to be there for each other. That no one, not even the Bureau can separate us. With you being taken away from me... I knew I didn't want to live without you. I don't want to spend another day without you. So I guess what I'm trying to say... Beatrice Prior, will you marry me?"

    My heart skips a beat, I can't believe that just happened. Did that really happen! I can feel tears start falling down my cheeks, I can't help but smile and nod, "Yes Tobias Yes! I'll marry you!" He gets up and kisses me. He takes off the gold chain he has on and puts it around my neck, "Until I get you a ring Mrs. Eaton." We're both smiling like idiots.