Chapter 38

Tobias POV

I sigh as I wake up, I had the most amazing dream last night. Tris came back to me and told me she was alive and everything was going to be okay. I feel like a lot more happened in the dream but I can only remember bits and pieces of it. I would have debated it was a dream but as I wake up alone in my bed I know it is. I sit up, I know I should be sad right now but I can't help but feel relaxed.

I walk around my apartment, I know I should be getting ready for work but I'm just not in the mood today. Then I remember how busy I am going to be today with all the paperwork I have, so I start getting dressed. I'm actually surprised with how good I feel today, I would have figured that I would still be tired from how busy yesterday was. That my body would ache because of how much I ran around yesterday.

When I get to work I report to Johanna, she brought some tea for everyone today so I decide to grab a cup.

"Wow you must have really relaxed yesterday because you look so much better today Tobias." Johanna says

I look at her and tilt my head, "Relax yesterday? I was running around yesterday for signatures Johanna."

Now she looks as confused as I do, "Tobias you took the day off yesterday, you called me in the morning saying you couldn't come in."

I shake my head, I swore yesterday I was running around getting signatures from people. I'm not the one to call off work. "I guess I relaxed so much that yesterday didn't exist for me!" I laugh as I tell her. She laughs with me, "Well you need to do it more often then, I think this is the happiest and relaxed I've seen you. You look like you ate and actually slept." I nod, still confused with what's going on. What did I do yesterday?

"But since you took off yesterday the work really did get piled up. If I were you I would get started right away!" I nod, back to my normal life.

***

I punch in 4646 into the keypad and clock out. Work was so busy today but I managed to catch up. I didn't take a lunch break so that's the reason I was able to catch up and get back on track with my work. I'm so tired I just want to go to bed. I keep my eyes open as I drive home, I'm sure I'm low on groceries so I stop there on the way home.

I get out more confused, the cashier asked what I was doing back so fast and if I enjoyed my cake. When did I get cake? It actually made me mad because I don't remember enjoying chocolate cake. Then I become too tired to even care anymore. I yawn as I get the bags out the car, I don't want to make a second trip so grab all of the bags. I slowly start taking the stairs up, fumbling to get my keys out. I open the door and set the bags on the table and go and shut the door. I start taking the groceries out the bag and start putting them away. Though with most of the stuff I realize that I already have which confuses me. I don't know what I was on yesterday but it's really making me forget a lot of stuff.

I go over to the bookshelf and open my book, I turn to the last entry and then on the next page I see words are scribbled out. I didn't do that... did I? Underneath it I see '4&6. To be continued.' I know this isn't my handwriting...