Chapter 34

Tobias POV

What is Amar doing here? I look over at Tris and she looks like she's seen a ghost, that she's about to get sick. I can see her hands, which are trying to grip the bag, are starting to shake. I look back at Amar and I feel anger overtake me again, he's the one who took Tris away, he's the one who lied straight to my face about her death. Before I can do anything to harm Amar I walk over to Tris and grab the bag out of her hand, she's looking worse by the second. She grips onto me for support

"Amar," Tris chokes out "What are you doing here?"

He doesn't look like he's in a pleasant mood either, "You know why I'm here Tris..."

"NO" she cries out, "You can't.... not yet Amar please. I have till tonight... that was the deal." He's here to take her away from me. I stand in front of Tris, protecting her from Amar so he can't take her away. If he wants to get to her he's going to have to go through me.

"Tris... you know I don't want to do this, they just sent me here now." Amar says

She starts shaking her head, she starts to back away but she's shaking so much. I hold onto her, I'm not letting her go that easy.

Amar continues, "I know this wasn't the time you wanted, and after everything that just happened I know you don't want to leave... but they told me."

I finally find my voice, "How do you know what just happened?"

He looks at me, "Four you know how we see everything.... And I do mean everything." He gives me and Tris a look, I look at Tris and see herself filling with anger and embarrassment. He saw everything on the Ferris Wheel; he saw us argue, me and her make-up, me and her love each other, me proposing to her... he saw it all. He again violated the privacy. I never minded it before but something about this time makes me so angry.

I keep her behind me, "You're not taking her right now Amar... I don't care what your orders are but you're not taking her until the time you told her."

Amar raises his eyebrow, "Four you have no leadership over me, and you aren't the one who tells me what to do. They tell me they want her back so I come and get her. Simple as that."

I look back at her and see all the life in her just drain, all the happiness and glow is gone. It's replaced by fear and pain. I hold her in my arms, trying to soothe her. I look back at Amar, "See what you've done to her Amar... haven't you done enough already?" He starts shaking his head and starts walking towards us, I hold her tighter. "Amar stay where you are. Just let her have one good night. Let me and her celebrate our love and tonight you can come and get her. Neither one of us will fight you, I'll drink whatever you want me to drink to forget.... just give us tonight. Please Amar."

I can see him debating on it, he's thinking it over in his head. "Four I don't know if I can do that... The Bureau wants her back, I don't know why but they just do..."

"Amar.... I'm begging you. We're both begging you... just give us till tonight.... Please."

He looks at the two of us, "Four... I respect you a lot and you know I always wanted the best for you. I'm just going to go over to the government building and tell the Bureau that you guys didn't come home. I'll come back after you both have said your goodbyes and went to bed. I'm doing this for you guys...." He walks right past us and leaves the apartment. I look at Tris and she starts crying in my arms.