Chapter 3

Tris POV

    I can't open my eyes. I can't move. I hate this feeling. The serum here at the Bureau is more advanced, so I can think, feel and hear things. I don't know where I'm at, and I feel is something cold underneath me. I don't know how long I've been here, every second is feeling like forever. How long have I been under this serum? I wish I could resist this like I did the death serum. If I was really the strongest Divergent wouldn't I be able to resist this.

     All of a sudden I hear the door open and then footsteps, I want to open my eyes to see what's going on. I hear people breathing, and then a gasp. It's quiet for a few moments and then I feel a hand around my hand. Tobias. My heart breaks in two. I hear a loud cry, it's too feminine to be Tobias. Christina. She keeps crying, unable to control herself. I want to cry so badly, I can feel my throat get tighter. Maybe since I can feel my throat, I can scream. I can let everyone know I'm okay.

     I feel someone wrap their arms around me, I know it is Tobias just by the way he holds me. His breathing is uneven, he sounds like he just wants to cry. He holds me tight in his arms, "Tobias, I'm right here. Please. It's okay to be okay." He keeps holding me, I want him to hear me so bad. Please hear me. "Tobias, don't believe them. I'm under the serum, know that I'm right here." He just starts breathing heavier, I want to cry out to him to tell him everything is going to be okay.

     Why did Amar do this to me? This feel like torture. I don't know how much longer I can take it. I think would it be easier if he just made me pass out during this... but then I wouldn't have this moment with Tobias. I hear the footsteps again and then the door open and close. I feel Tobias's lips on mine, I don't want this moment to end. His tears dripping onto my face.

     "Tris... I need you... I need you to come back. Please. Come back to me." He sniffles. "Tell me this is a nightmare... or a simulation, just get me out of this. Let me wake up and have you in my arms. I love you Tris, I seriously love you." He hand slowly skims my cheek, "I love you more than I love myself, and I never thought I could love someone like this, or if a love like this was ever possible. I loved you from the second I met you, the second our hands touched. I knew you were special, you were unique."

    I scream his name as loud as I can, as many times as I can. He can't hear me. He doesn't even realize that I'm still here with him, that I'm alive. "Tobias, please know that I love you. Know that I'm never leaving you, I know you're hurting right now. I'm going to come back to you, I promise. No matter what it takes or how long it takes me, I'm going to come back to you." I think as he's holding me.

    He starts crying, I feel like a hundred knives are stabbing me in my heart. I hear, "You can't leave me... you just can't. I can't do this without you, I don't know how to do this without you.... I need you..... Don't leave me... don't..." He's just starts crying harder. He tries to talk but he can't, his words aren't making sense.

    He holds me tighter, "TRIS, COME BACK.... WAKE UP..... PLEASE WAKE UP..... PLEASE.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WAKE UP." He tries shaking me, his words becoming inaudible. He stops shaking me and just holds me close. I know this will be the last time I'll feel his embrace until I find my way back to him. I try not to think about it because it just hurts me. He stays with me crying until I hear people, probably Bureau officials, come into the room and drag him out.