Chapter 13

Tris POV

    I watch them start to leave, Amar made sure he didn't leave me alone because he was sure I would try to escape. I don't blame him for not trusting me, I don't even trust myself about this. If I got the chance I would escape without hesitation. I watch Tobias slowly walk to the van, looking back at the Bureau one last time. As I touch the screen I can see him say something to himself before getting in the van then them driving away. I watch the van pull out of the driveway and watch them go down the road. I look down, sadness overcomes me.

     George puts his hand on my shoulder, "I know it's hard for you, but I think you're really going to like it here." I don't say anything, what can I say? They took everyone away from me... I still can't forgive them for that. One of the guys named Bruno sits down next to me, "Tris maybe George is right... please give it a chance." I cover my eyes. Don't cry Tris... Don't cry in front of everyone. Bruno puts his arms around me, I can't help but pull away and get up. I start pacing back and forth, trying to steady my breathing.

     A woman named Elena comes in, giving me a huge hug. "Tris, we all hate seeing you like this. Please don't be sad... I understand it must be hard-" I cut her off, "Understand? Everyone just understands how I feel. Oh yeah, everyone understands how it is to be taken away from their family and their friends." I throw my hands up in frustration and storm off. I run, I run as fast as I possibly can. I ignore the pain on my sides, I just keep running. I hear my name being called, I debate for a second if I should stop but I just can't.

     I stop because I'm out of breath. I sit on a ledge, I have no idea where I am anymore. To be honest I have no idea where I was supposed to be running to, my first instinct was to find a way upstairs so I could run after the van. Though I got lost quickly so I just wanted to get away from the room. I look back and see Bruno and Elena running towards me, of course they would be the ones to follow me. They are the closest things I have to friends now. They finally catch up and they are just as out of breath as I was, Elena laughs, "For being injured you still run fast Tris!"

     They both sit down next to me, both on each side of me. I sigh and just look down, I really don't want to be with anyone right now. I just want to be alone and think of my family and friends. We sit quietly for awhile, Elena wrapping her arm around me. "Tris, I promise we'll make this as easy as possible. It must suck, but they had to have keep you here for a reason." Elena reminds me of Christina, saying exactly what's on her mind. I nod but keep my head down. We sit for a little longer and Elena slowly gets up, "How about I see if Amar is back, maybe he can give you some good news." She softly smiles and gets up, running back down the hall.

     It's only Bruno and I, we don't break the silence. I am kind of thankful he doesn't feel the need to make conversation when it's quiet, that we could sit in silence. He reminds me of Tobias, even though he doesn't really look like him. They are both strong people though, have really good leadership qualities. Tobias was a lot taller than Bruno, and Bruno is darker than Tobias. I assume that Bruno is of Hispanic descent. Tobias voice is a lot deeper too... I shake my head, I don't want to think about Tobias.

     Bruno gets up, "Feeling better?" I get up and sigh, "A little better I guess... this isn't going to go away anytime soon." He squats in front of me, smiling. "Let's go back upstairs, Amar should be back by now." I raise my eyebrow, "How long have we been down here?" He looks down at his watch, "A few hours, crazy how fast time goes by." I nod and we walk back in silence, I again can't help but feel grateful. It takes us awhile to get back to the room, but right when I see it I can feel my hands get sweaty again so I wipe them on my pants.

     Bruno must take notice because he stops and stands in front of me looking at the doorway, as if he's protecting me from something. I put my hand on his shoulder and tell him everything's okay, he relaxes his posture and stands right next to me. We walk a little farther but then he grabs my hand and I look back at him, startled. He doesn't seem to take notice because he's still holding my hand, he's looking straight into my eyes. "Tris, I know none of us understand the pain you're going through. I can't even imagine what you're going through, I'm just sorry this had to happen to you. It really does affect me when you're sad, I just want to see you smile. I don't want to ask too much because I don't have the right to ask, but please keep an open mind to all of this... please..." I can see in his eyes genuine sadness, I don't know why it affects him but I nod. He smiles and walks back to the room, leaving me alone and confused.