Chapter 27

Tris POV

A Few Hours Later.

After breakfast we talked more about the 'New Chicago'. How cars are now being introduced to people, it takes them a while to figure out how to drive them but slowly they are getting the hang out it. There's also this thing called school that is going to be introduced, it's different from the school we grew up with. It's going to teach a different variety of things, there's going to be more grades since there's no Choosing Ceremony. Then if you want to continue your education, which I think would be perfect for the Erudite, you can continue going to school in this thing called college.

I tell him about the Bureau. That GD's are getting more benefits and things are getting better. I tell him about everyone over there, how everyone was comforting and inviting. How I'm learning about the whole world, all the other experiments. That there's a possibility with time, that all the experiments could live normal lives and we could become the United States again. I also tell him about the technology there, how there are better quality televisions and things called IPads and IPods.

I go in my bag and pull out a phone that the Bureau gave me. I explain to him how we use these to call people and do a thing called texting. There's even apps you can download to do certain tasks, you can even play games on it. I press the button that activates the camera, at first he's surprised by it but after I explain it to him I start taking pictures of him. I want to take as many pictures as possible, because who knows when I'll have this opportunity again. After all the photos and videos he gets up asking if I want to go see Caleb, that he would love to hear all of this information. I look down... being with Tobias made me forget about all the sadness.

He quickly comes over to me, "What's the matter Tris?"

I keep my eyes down, "Tobias.... I can't see them."

He squats in front of me, "But you're alive... you can see them now."

I don't want to have this conversation now, but he does deserve to hear the truth. He makes me look at him, I look into his eyes. He looks so much better, he smiles a lot more and seems more at ease. How could I do this to him again... how could I hurt him? I kiss him, trying to forget all the pain. Everything about the past few months, I just want to go back to when everything was normal. He starts to pull away but I pull him back, if anyone can make me feel better it will be him. Then the tears start coming down and he makes me look at him again,

"Tris talk to me please, what's the matter?"

I close my eyes, "Can we go to the Ferris Wheel.... Please?"

"Tris...." I can hear him start to protest again, he knows I keep trying to avoid this.

"Please Tobias... I'll explain everything there just please can we talk about it there...."

He nods and kisses me.