Chapter 9

Tris POV

  "Tris wake up. You need to wake up now. We don't have much time." Amar says while shaking me. I quickly get up, ready to fight. Amar has never woken me up like this so I assume something is going wrong. He grabs my arm and starts pulling me down the hallway.

    I look at him, "What's going on? Where are we going?"

    He doesn't say anything he just keeps pulling me forward. My wounds don't hurt as bad, the medicine they give me helps numb it down. I never seen Amar like this, so the worst goes through my mind. It reminds me when Christina woke me up when Jeanine put Hector, Marlene and that other girl under the stimulation to walk off the ledge. Even though that can't happen now, I'm still expecting the worst.

    We go out of the underground part back into the regular part of the Bureau. We rush down the main hallway down to the private room where Tobias and I shared for that one night. I look at Amar, really confused on what's going on right now. Is he relocating me to this room since everyone is leaving tomorrow? We stop right in front of it and I take a moment to catch my breath, I'm thankful for Dauntless training because if I didn't have that then I would be passing out by now.

    Amar looks at me, "I figured since everyone was leaving tomorrow, you would want to see them last time. It took a lot of persuasion to let me do this, so make the most of it." I can't help but smile, I'm actually going to see everyone. He puts one hand on my shoulder, "I see how much it affects you and Four, and I really do hate it. He's asleep right now. If he wakes up he's going to really groggy, tell him it's a dream. He'll believe it cause of the stuff I gave him at the dinner."

    I raise my eyebrow, "What did you do to everyone's drink?"

    A smile slowly creeps on his face, "I put a sleeping serum in everyone's drink so no one would wake up during this, and in Four's cup I put a combination of sleeping serum, memory serum and a relaxing serum. So like I said, he will think all of this is a dream if he happens to wake up. Don't wake him up." I look down the hallway where everyone else is asleep, "Can I go see everyone else before I see Tobias? Really quick?" Amar sighs, "You have a few minutes, I would rather you spend all the time with Four but I understand to see your friends and Caleb."

    We run down the hallway to where everyone is sleeping. I open the door quickly and see everyone sleeping on their cots. I walk around and see Christina, I go over and hug her. I know she doesn't know, it feels comforting being with her again. After all we've been through she never gave up on me. I walk over and see Caleb sleeping, his hair all messed up. I smooth it back to his regular hairstyle, in the time leading up to my death I couldn't get over my hate for him. Now even though there is some hate, he's still my brother. I still love him. I hug him even though Abnegation don't show affection often, I whisper in his ear that I love him and that he'll always be my brother. I keep walking and look at everyone sleeping, I look at them and remember all the memories we all had together. Each one different for every person.

    After I say goodbye to all of them, I'm almost in tears. Saying goodbye has always been so hard, I had to say goodbye to a lot of people. I walk back outside to see Amar, he nods at me and we slowly walk back to Tobias's room. I can feel my heart rate pick up and my hands start getting sweaty. What am I going to say to him, is it even possible for me to see him and not tell him the truth? We stand right outside the door and Amar stops me, "Tris, we'll be monitoring you. If you tell him you're not dead there will be consequences for your actions. This will never happen again. Don't wake him up." He winks at me and leans in and whispers, "But I understand if you do." He stands back up, "Again even if he wakes up, the memory serum will make him think it's a dream. So go with that lie." I can't help but hug Amar, this is the best gift he could ever give me. He puts his hand on my shoulder, "It's going to be okay Tris." I nod and slowly walk into the room.