Chapter 26

Tobias POV

I'm woken up by the alarm at 8am, I quickly sit up and look around. I sigh a breath of relief when I see Tris still right next to me. This really is not a dream, this is real life. I shut the alarm clock off before it can wake Tris and run over to the telephone. I call Johanna and tell her I can't come into work today, she doesn't ask for an explanation which is good because I don't know how to explain it to her. She knows I only call off work when I have to. I hang up the phone and quietly lay back down, wrapping my arms around Tris.

    I debate on going back to sleep, but for awhile I watch Tris sleep. She looks more peaceful now, just as beautiful as I last saw her. Sleep must have taken over me because next thing I know it's 10 o'clock and the birds are chirping. I smile seeing Tris still asleep, she must have been really tired. I kiss her forehead and get up to take a shower.

Tris POV

    I kept waking up in the middle of the night, scared that I would see Amar standing over us telling me it was time to go. I know he said I would have more time this time but I don't know if he would go back on his word. When I finally woke up I'm all alone in the bed, I can feel a pain in my chest but realize that I'm in Tobias's apartment so I immediately relax. I can hear the shower going so that's where Tobias must be, so I just lay there in bed.

    Then I hear my stomach make the noise and realize how hungry I actually am. I haven't eaten since I left the Bureau so it's about time to eat again. I get up and go over to see what's in his fridge, there's not much in it so I just grab the eggs and some bacon. The Bureau taught me how to cook, but they had a lot more choices there. I always wanted to cook for Tobias, I learned from the Dauntless that doing that is something romantic to do for your significant other. I start the eggs and bacon, I remember to put a lid on top of the bacon so the grease doesn't hit me. I grab some bread to make some toast too.

    I'm actually enjoying myself cooking. I debate on putting some cheese on the eggs but I don't know if he would like it so I keep it simple. Just as I'm finishing up I feel arms around my hips and Tobias's lips on my neck, I laugh and kiss him back. I tell him to go sit down that breakfast is about to be ready, he gets plates and set the table. I bring over the hot food and set it on his plate, he kisses me "If I knew when you came back you would cook for me I would have asked you to come sooner." He laughs, I smile back and sit down, "Yeah the Bureau taught me how to cook since I had a lot of time on my hands."

    That gets his attention, "So the Bureau...." I can see that his expression has completely changed, I don't really want to ruin this morning breakfast moment.

    I look around myself as I start to eat, "I like what you done with the place."

    "Tris......" He starts to protest.

    I hold up a hand to stop him, "It's quite cozy actually, and represents you well."

    He chews his food, probably debating on arguing with me... "I debated on spray painting words on the wall like at my other apartment but since we don't have the factions it would be useless."

    "Well if Dauntless meant a lot to you then it wouldn't be useless." I say

    He smiles and holds my hand, "An assistant to the government shouldn't have the factions represented in his apartment."

    I go over and sit on his lap, I run my hand down his back. Going over all of his tattoos, "The factions were apart of our lives, even though they aren't in use anymore, they are apart of us."