Chapter 40

Tobias POV

I decided to go to the old Dauntless compound. We are still trying to figure out what to do with all of the faction compounds but that will come with time. I go up to the old fear landscape room and lay down looking at the ceiling. I used to do this all the time back when I was in Dauntless, it was just a normal thing that I could do. I found some of it at the government headquarters. I have to see my fears. I take the syringe out the box and look at it, I have to know... I stick the needle in the side of my neck, like I've done many times in the past, and let the serum take effect.

***

I open my eyes and I'm in the air. I close my eyes and listen to the wind, it starts of quietly and calm but then starts to pick up, getting more violent. It starts throwing me off balance so I open my eyes, I know I need to overcome this fear so I slowly stand up. I'm on only a slim beam, I have to focus and concentrate to get to the side of the building. I try to breathe and focus only on the building, but I look down and my throat gets tight and I start breathing hard. I put one foot in front of the other, going faster than normal to get this over with. I get to the side of the building and go inside, next thing I know the walls are closing in on me.

They start off slow at first, but then they pick up speed. I look around, there's always some type of tool I can use to stop the walls from closing in on me. I don't see them at first and that's when I start to panic, I can feel my heart racing as the room gets smaller and smaller. I get on my hands and knees trying to find something to stop the walls, I find some metal pieces and I start jamming the walls to make them stop from moving. The walls break apart and disappear, now I'm just in a dark room all alone.

One light comes on, it's showcases a mirror. I walk over to it, only because it's the only thing the light is showing me. I look down at my hands, they aren't my hands... I'm in gray now. I look at the mirror and see myself. I sigh, at least I can see myself now. Before I would only see Marcus, but it confuses me because what is this fear now? I look at myself in the mirror, maybe it's the fear of being stuck to one place. I look around for one second and when I look back I see my reflection start to change, slowly becoming Marcus. I punch the mirror and everything goes black again.

I'm scared, last time I went into my fear landscape Tris dying was my last fear. What happens since she's already dead? Tris comes into the room, "Hey Tobias!" she comes over and kisses my cheek. I know it's not the real Tris, her tattoo is on the wrong side. I wrap my arms around her, I don't care if I'm in a simulation... she feels so real. "Tris I love you so much." I kiss her and she puts her hand on my cheek, she pulls back and smiles. "I love you too Tobias."

It's a perfect moment... then all of a sudden I hear loud bangs. BANG. BANG. BANG. Her eyes go wide as we both look down, she's bleeding. My throat gets tight, "Oh my god Tris.... It's going to be okay." All of a sudden two people appear behind her and start pulling her away. I jump at Tris but something is holding me back. "Tobias help me please..... please Tobias." She calls out to me.

I start swinging my fists, trying to get whatever is holding me back off me. I look at Tris, she's bleeding even more now, a line of blood rolling down her chin. "TRIS... I'M COMING TRIS!!!!" She screams out in pain, I know if I don't get to her soon she's going to die. I run towards her, but it's like I'm not making any progress because she's not getting any closer to me. I keep trying, calling out her name trying to get closer to her. Then all of a sudden she drops to the floor. I know it is now or never, I run until my body aches, she's saying my name... then her eyes roll back and she closes her eyes. She's dead.

I'm screaming as I open my eyes. I look around and see I'm back in the room, Tris isn't dead in front of me. I sit up and see that I'm shaking badly, I just start crying. It feels 100 times worse than the last time I went through my fear landscape. It's worse because she was alive in it, she was right there in front of me and then taken away from me. I can't stop crying now, my worst fear is Tris dying.... My worst fear already has come true.

A/N; Man, I'm re-reading this chapter and it's making me SUPER sad! What have I created

On another note only 7 CHAPTERS LEFT! So much is going to happen in these last 7 chapters, BE PREPARED. I'll give you one hint, you're going to need tissues.

<4