Chapter 23

Tobias POV

    I stand there, frozen. I know for a fact that I'm awake, so unless I passed out while driving or I fell asleep on the couch... Tris is actually standing in front of me. I blink a few times, thinking she might disappear. In the past I sometimes felt like I saw her, in the distance mostly but within a minute she would be gone. Caleb said that would be normal, that when the brain is missing someone so much it will trick us into seeing things that aren't really there.

     Everything feels so real though, I am aware of my surroundings... it doesn't feel like my other experiences with seeing Tris. Then the thought runs through my head, maybe I'm dead too. I can't look away from her, she's just as beautiful as when I last saw her. She looks like she lost some weight but her eyes still have this glow that I fell in love with. Then I realize she looks alarmed, I don't like this look on her face, maybe this is going to turn into a nightmare. Then I see why she is alarmed, I haven't put my gun down and I probably look like I lost my mind. I slowly lower the gun but I can't force myself to move towards her.

     "T-Tris...." I stutter. I'm surprised I can even talk right now let alone function.

     She runs into my arms, I hold her for a few moments. I make her look at me and I kiss her. I already know where this dream is going to go so I might as well make the most out of it. Before she disappears again. I hold her tighter as the thought goes through my mind, I don't ever want to let this moment pass. Maybe death isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

     She pulls back and looks at me, "I'm here Tobias... I told you that I would come back."

     I smile a little, even though she does come back she always have to leave and that's what hurts. She can tell I'm upset because she puts a hand on my chest, "What's wrong?"

     I shake my head, I don't want to spoil the moment and talk about anything negative. Anything that could take time away from me loving her, but then I remember the last time I had a dream about her and the feeling of regret I felt because I didn't tell her how I felt. I close my eyes, "It just hurts... you leaving... you know, I try really hard to get by... I always want to have these dreams but then I wake up and realize you're gone."

     Tris looks down, I must have upset her somehow because she walks away. She sits on my bed not looking at me. She mumbles something under her breath, but it is so low I can't hear it. "Tris what did you say?" I start walking to her when she starts talking, "Tobias.... I'm not dead." I freeze again.

Tris POV

     I look up to him and see that he has stopped mid step. All I can see is confusion on his face, his whole body tense. He was already pale like he saw a ghost, but that's what I was to him, a ghost. He stands there for another moment then he suddenly stumbles to the ground, knocking over a chair in the process. I quickly rush over to him, making sure he's okay. He tries to talk but nothing comes out of his mouth, I look down and see that blood is flowing out of his arm. I look back at him, "I'm going to be right back, don't move." The second I get up he grabs my arm really tight, I wince in pain. I don't think he realizes how strong he is. He quickly lets go, I assume he mumbles some type of apology by what I can understand. I go over and grab some napkins and a bandage and go back to him. I clean his wound and patch it up, he doesn't say anything so I help him to the bed and grab him an icepack and some pain killers.

A/N; FOUR TRIS IS FINALLY TOGETHER!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT!!! Comment below and let me know!!!
& GUESS WHAT!!!! I DECIDED TO UPDATE ALL OF MY STORIES TWICE A WEEK INSTEAD OF ONCE A WEEK! YES YOU HEARD WEEK! TWICE A WEEK FOR ALL OF MY STORIES! So if you could go check out my other stories! A few people have messaged me asking for this, and I love making my readers happy so now expect updates MONDAY & THURSDAY!!!!!

<4