Chapter 20

Tobias POV

I stumble around for a while, everyone still yelling and honoring Uriah. Zeke released the ashes over the chasm and we all yelled for what seem like an hour, now everyone is just stumbling around together. It's like we're in all a big family. Christina tried to get me to stay in one place but I really didn't feel like being by her, not during a day like this. Don't get me wrong it's good I guess to have someone there for me, but right now I don't want to hear her talking about my drinking... it's a Dauntless thing.

   I roam around the compound, bumping into people and objects. All of a sudden I'm being pushed, I don't have time to react so I just go with it. I try to look back to see what's happening but I get punched in the face and fall to the floor. My instincts kick in and I slowly pick myself up, I'm getting into a fighting stance when I start getting pushed forward again. I start to regret drinking because just by having to run I feel like I have to throw up, I start getting all light headed but next thing I know I feel a cool hand around mine pulling me forward. Tris.

   She looks back at me while we're running, "Come on Tobias we have to hurry." I try to speak but no words come out of my mouth. We run together down the hall, turning into many different hallways, hallways I didn't even know existed. I must be too drunk to remember because after about 30 seconds I'm already lost. After what seems like us running endlessly for a long time we finally stop. I crouch down and try to catch my breath, I really do regret drinking.

   I look up and slowly rise, looking Tris in the eye not wanting to break this stare. We look at each other for a long time, realizing how heavy we're both breathing. I slowly raise my hand and place it on her cheek. She smiles and puts her hand on top of mine, "Tobias..." I don't let her finish her sentence, I pull her in my arms and kiss her. I kiss her with all the passion I could possibly give, I kiss her like I'll never kiss her again.

Tris POV

   I stay in his arms for a while, I don't want to let him go. When we finally let go I see he's smiling like an idiot, I can't help but return the smile. It feels so good to smile again and feel good inside. He holds my hand, "Tris how is this possible?" I squeeze his hand, "I told you I would always come back to you Tobias, no matter what." He stumbles forward a bit, I hold on to him so he doesn't fall over.

"I assume you already had a lot to drink." I tease him

   He chuckles and pulls me in his arms, "What can I say? I just love flirting with death being next to the chasm."

   I shake my head, "Some things never change." I stand on my tiptoes and kiss him.

   He squeezes me tighter in his arms, "Some things have changed... you're gone..."

   I make him look at me, "Tobias what did I tell you last time? That I'm never really gone, that I'm always going to be here with you." I can see the pain in his eyes, I place my hand on his chest. "You know that I love you, and that I always will." He nods and looks down, "Just don't leave me again Tris...." I can feel my heart shatter, Amar will never let me come back if I tell Tobias the truth.

A/N; Hey guys! I seriously LOVE updating so much! Should I start updating twice a week? Let me know in the comments below!

<4