Chapter 14

Tris POV

Turns out Amar is finally back, I enter the room and see him sitting right next to George. I've taken notice on how they look at each other, I wonder if that's how me and Tobias used to look at each other. Amar gets up and waves at me, "Feeling better Tris?" I nod, feeling my cheeks getting red. Does everyone already know about me running away? All of a sudden I feel my chest get tight, I don't know how to feel about anything anymore. I feel Bruno put his arm around me, he must take more notice to me than I thought.

  Amar smiles looking at us, I start getting a weird feeling about all of this. Is Amar trying to get my mind of Tobias by having Bruno be my friend? I shrug off Bruno's hand, not wanting to feel any kind of an embrace. I glare at Amar, he laughs and walks past me. "Ready to go back upstairs to the real world?" I feel my heart skip a beat, I didn't think I would be going up this soon. What am I going to do up there? Where would I live? I sigh, "I guess I really don't have a choice do I?" He smiles, "No you really don't, unless you want to spend your life underground." He laughs and I return the laugh, remembering Bruno's request to keep an open mind. Bruno and Elena lock their arms with mind and we start upstairs.

Tobias POV

  Amar dropped us off at Chicago a few hours ago, I would have wanted him to stay just for awhile but he said he had business to attend to back at the Bureau. I don't really know what I'm doing here, maybe it would have been better for me to stay at the Bureau with Amar and get some type of job. Although at the same time I don't think I could stay at the place that killed the love of my life, it would be too hard. It's a lose-lose situation for me, everywhere I go I have all these memories.

  On the bright side though, since there are no factions we all can live wherever we want. That means since I'm one of the first settlers in 'New Chicago' I get first choice of where I get to live. I won't have to deal with that for the next few days, right now we're all trying to figure out how we start this new city without factions. It's going to be different at first, but hopefully sooner or later I can get used to it. I guess Chicago is going to be a place where anyone can come, I heard they wanted to relocate people from the fringe to also live here.

  I walk around Abnegation, walking around aimlessly. I just wish Tris was here with me. I don't really know how we would adjust to this new life, but I know we would be together. We were two people who could not be broken, no matter how hard it got we could always rely on each other. Now I'm just all alone... I shake my head, I'm not alone. Tris said in my dream that she would always be here for me, no matter what. I believe it, because I know she truly means it. She wanted me to know that I could still rely on her... now I just have to figure out the rest of the 'hidden message'.

  I start walking towards the Dauntless section of the city when Zeke approaches me, "You got a minute Four?"

  I still don't think it's the right time to look him straight in the eye just yet so I nod, "Yeah what's up?"

  Zeke kicks a rock, "We brought back Uriah's ashes and were thinking of releasing them in the Chasm in a few days. It would mean a lot to us and to him if you came and participated."

  I look up at him, confused, "Are you sure you want me to go Zeke?"

  I can see a small smile on Zeke's face, "We'll spread the ashes at the chasm and then give him a Dauntless sendoff. From experience I know it will be good if you go."

  I nod and Zeke walks away, maybe things can slowly start to get back to normal now.